|Born||ShiroishiTemplate:Disambiguation needed, Japan|
West Hill High School|
Concordia University, BA (1979), MBA (1995)
|Occupation||News presenter on CFCF-DT|
After emigrating to Canada in 1963 from ShiroishiTemplate:Disambiguation needed, Japan, she grew up in the suburb of Côte Saint-Luc, Quebec. Takahashi graduated from Concordia University in 1979. She joined radio as Lisa Takahashi and then CFCF in Montreal in 1982 as a news reporter. After four years, she was appointed as news presenter for Pulse (now known as CTV News) alongside veteran Bill Haugland until his retirement in 2006. She also portrayed news presenters in some minor roles for made-for-TV movies.
She currently anchors CTV News with Paul Karwatsky at noon and weeknights. Takahashi frequently earned the accolade from the Montreal Mirror's Best of Montreal polls as "Best Local Newscaster" and continues to do so with Cult MTL's continuation of the Best of Montreal tradition.
Mutsumi's first entry to television, while still a student at Concordia and a journalist for the University paper 'THE GEORGIAN', was in 1980. A pilot project with CFCF. A collaboration with CUTV (Concordia University television) Mutsumi was the new hostess, replacing Mary-Lou Basaraba, for the half hour show called 'OUR CITY', which aired Sunday mornings on channel 12 at 10:30 AM. Our crew: Creator and Executive Producer - Rick Grunberg, Lucy Saba - Producer, Terry Newcomen - Director, Ross Hillenbrand - Director.
- "Co-chair, The Best Care for Life Campaign, public phase: Mutsumi Takahashi". Team. McGill University Health Centre. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- C., Martin (2008-01-28). "News anchor Mutsumi Takahashi returns to former West Hill High". The West Island Chronicle. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "Best of Montreal". Cult MTL. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- Mutsumi Takahashi at the Internet Movie Database
- CTVMontreal.ca Biography
- "Notable Vanier Alumni: Mutsumi Takahashi". Vanier College. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- Martin C. (29 January 2008). "News anchor Mutsumi Takahashi returns to former West Hill High". West Island Chronicle. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.