My Son, My Son! (film)
|My Son, My Son!|
File:My Son, My Son! FilmPoster.jpeg|
|Directed by||Charles Vidor|
|Produced by||Edward Small|
|Written by||Lenore J. Coffee|
|Based on||novel by Howard Spring|
|Cinematography||Harry Stradling Sr.|
|Edited by||Fred R. Feitshans Jr.|
Edward Small Productions
|Distributed by||United Artists|
My Son, My Son! is a 1940 American drama film based on a novel by the same name written by Howard Spring and directed by Charles Vidor. It was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Art Direction by John DuCasse Schulze.
- Madeleine Carroll – Livia Vaynol
- Brian Aherne – William Essex
- Louis Hayward – Oliver Essex
- Laraine Day – Maeve O'Riorden
- Henry Hull – Dermot O'Riorden
- Josephine Hutchinson – Nellie Moscrop Essex
- Sophie Stewart – Sheila O'Riorden
- Bruce Lester – Rory O'Riorden
- Scotty Beckett – Oliver as a Child
- Brenda Henderson – Maeve as a Child
- Teddy Moorwood – Rory as a Child
- May Beatty – Annie
- Stanley Logan – The Colonel
- Lionel Belmore – Mr. Moscrop
- Mary Gordon – Mrs. Mulvaney
- David Clyde – Drayman
- Vesey O'Davoren – Parker – Butler
- Pat Flaherty – Joe Baxter
- Victor Kendall – Pogson
- Mary Field – Betsy – First Maid
- Audrey Manners – Second Maid
- Sibyl Harris – First Landlady
- Connie Leon – Second Landlady
Plans to make the film were temporarily halted due to World War II.
- "NY Times: My Son, My Son!". NY Times. Retrieved 2008-12-13.
- "Marshall Will Play in 'My Son, My Son': Europe Lures Notables Students Belittle Stars Tommy Kelly Assigned Ann Sheridan's New Role" Schallert, Edwin. Los Angeles Times 28 Mar 1939: 15.
- "ENTER VILLAIN LOUIS HAYWARD!.". The Australian Women's Weekly (National Library of Australia). 18 May 1940. p. 36 Supplement: The Movie World. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "PRODUCERS GIRD FOR WAR: The Cinema Capital Contemplates Its Probable Effects Upon the Industry" by DOUGLAS W. CHURCHILL. New York Times 10 Sep 1939: X3.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.