Jack with UCLA in 2014
|UCLA Bruins No. 30|
|Position||LB / RB|
|High school||Bellevue (WA)|
|Date of birth||September 3, 1995|
|Place of birth||Scottsdale, Arizona|
|Height||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Weight||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Career highlights and awards|
Stats at ESPN.com|
Stats at Rivals.com
Myles David Jack (born September 3, 1995) is an American football linebacker and running back for the UCLA Bruins. In his first season, he was named the top freshman player in the Pacific-12, receiving honors both on defense as well as offense. As a sophomore in 2014, he was named an All-Pac-12 linebacker for the second straight season.
Jack attended Bellevue High School in Bellevue, Washington, where he was a letterman in football and track. In football, he played running back and linebacker. As a senior he had 98 tackles and 24 sacks, leading his team to a 14-0 record.
He was also on the track & field team. He earned a fourth-place finish in the 400-meter dash at the 2013 WA 3A State Meet, recording a personal-best time of 49.05 seconds. At the 2013 3A KingCo Championships, he took bronze in the 200-meter dash event by clocking a personal-best time of 22.12 seconds. He was also a member of the 2013 state 3A champion 4x100m (41.64) and 4x400m (3:20.12) relay teams.
Regarded as a four-star recruit by both Rivals.com and Scout.com, Jack was ranked as the nation’s No. 4 outside linebacker and the No. 8 big running back in the country by Tom Lemming. He chose UCLA over scholarship offers from Cal, Florida State and South Carolina.
As a true freshman in 2013, Jack played in 13 games, starting 12 at linebacker and one at running back. He finished the season with 75 tackles, two sacks, two interceptions and one touchdown on defense and 267 rushing yards on 38 carries and seven touchdowns on offense. For his play he was named the Pac-12 Conference Offensive and Defensive Freshman Player of the Year. He was also named an All-American by Athlon Sports and was a finalist for the Paul Hornung Award. He also earned Freshman All-American honors by The Sporting News in 2013.
- UCLA's Myles Jack is chosen Pac-12 freshman of the year — twice over
- UCLA’s Myles Jack wins Pac-12 Freshman Offensive and Defensive Player of Year
- College Football's 2013 Postseason All-America Team
- UCLA freshman LB/RB Myles Jack leads Hornung Award finalists
- Myles Jack Named a Paul Hornung Award Finalist
- Freshman All-Americans: Jameis Winston, Myles Jack lead the way
- Klein, Gary (December 2, 2014). "USC places five players, UCLA one on All-Pac-12 first team in football". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on December 3, 2014.