Nadja Spiegelman (born May 13, 1987) is an American writer. She has written three graphic novels for children, Zig and Wikki in Something Ate My Homework, Zig and Wikki in The Cow and "Lost in NYC: A Subway Adventure" under the TOON Books imprint. She is the daughter of cartoonist Art Spiegelman (author of the graphic novel Maus) and Françoise Mouly (art editor of the New Yorker since 1993). She appears in several of Art Spiegelman's works: Maus is dedicated to her and (in later editions) her brother Dashiell Spiegelman, as well as her father's deceased brother, Richieu, and she plays a role in In the Shadow of No Towers, an autobiographical exploration of September 11.
Nadja Spiegelman contributed to the creation of Blown Covers, Françoise Mouly's book of rejected New Yorker covers and is listed as the associate editor. In advance of the book's publication, in May 2012, Spiegelman and Mouly launched a Blown Covers tumblr which ran until October 2012. On the tumblr, the mother-daughter team hosted weekly themed 'New Yorker' cover-esque contests with prompts such as Mother's Day or the Trayvon Martin shooting. Artists submitted sketches, and 12 winners were posted every Friday along with editorial commentary by Mouly and Spiegelman. An image submitted through the website was published on the cover of the New Yorker in June 2012. As well as the contest, the tumblr also showcased images from the Mouly-Spiegelman archives, including old photographs and pages from Raw magazine and ran weekly artist spotlights.
- Jonker, Travis (May 13, 2010). "Zig and Wikki by Nadja Spiegelman". Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "Energy Cycles: Nadja Spiegelman Explains the Creation of Zig and Wikki's Latest Book". Graphic Novel Reporter. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "Maus: A Survivor's Tale Epigraph".
- Fleisher, Jeff (October 17, 2004). "In the Shadow of No Towers". Mother Jones. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "interview With Nadja Spiegelman". Etre App'art. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "The Blown Covers Of Mother's Day". The Awl. May 1, 2012. Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- "The Best of the "Blown Covers" Contest". The New Yorker. May 3, 2012. Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- The New Yorker. June 18, 2012 http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/nadja-spiegelman-and-franoise. Retrieved November 30, 2012. Missing or empty
- "Curated Craigslist NYC, For Your Inner Bargain-Hunting Design Snob". Refinery 29. January 23, 2014. Retrieved April 23, 2014.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.