|No. 48 Cleveland Browns|
|Date of birth:||January 5, 1993|
|Place of birth:||Los Angeles, California|
|Height:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Weight:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|High school:||Salt Lake City (UT) Highland|
|NFL draft:||2015 / Round: 2 / Pick: 51|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career Template:If empty statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
Orchard attended Highland High School in Salt Lake City, Utah. He played football, basketball and competed in track. In football, he played as a wide receiver and defensive end. As a senior he had had 58 receptions for 1,351 yards and 17 touchdowns on offense and 62 tackles, 17.5 sacks and two interceptions on defense. In track & field, Orchard competed as a sprinter and posted personal-bests of 11.9 seconds in the 100-meter dash and 54.3 seconds in the 400-meter dash at the 2009 Region VI T&F Championships.
As a true freshman at the University of Utah in 2011, Orchard played in all 13 games, recording four tackles. As a sophomore in 2012, he started 11 of 12 games, recording 48 tackles, three sacks and a touchdown on a fumble recovery. As a junior in 2013, he started all 12 games, recording 50 tackles and 3.5 sacks. Orchard entered his senior season in 2014 as a starter. He ended the year with 18.5 sacks.
The Cleveland Browns picked Orchard in the second round of the 2015 NFL draft. On May 6, he signed a four-year contract worth $4.466 million, which included a $1.058 millio signing bonus. At least $2.581 million of Orchard's contract is guaranteed.
Orchard legally changed his name from Napa'a Lilo Fakahafua to Nathaniel Fakahafua Orchard in honor of his adopted family. He is married to Maegan Webber Orchard and has a daughter named Katherine Mae Orchard, named after his mother Katherine Orchard.
- Letters to Lily: Utah football player writes his own story
- Nate Orchard continues dominant role of Utah defenders
- OSU football: Beavers want to avoid getting sacked by Nate Orchard
- Orchard’s talent bears fruit for Utes
- Cabot, Mary Kay (May 7, 2015). "Cleveland Browns sign 2nd-round pick Nate Orchard and 6th-rounder Randall Telfer". Cleveland Plain Dealer. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
- Ute football: New name, same game for Utah defensive end Nate Orchard