Network World is an IT website that provides news and information to network executives. Its tagline is "The Connected Enterprise." The company is headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, United States.
- 1986 - Network World was started by parent company International Data Group as a spin-off of Computerworld. The site is updated daily with news, features, product reviews and tests, opinions, blogs, videos and podcasts.
- 1995 - Network World gained LAN Magazine. However, the lanmag.com site was gained by Information Week (lanmag.com redirects to informationweek.com)
- 2005 - Network World launched a Web site called Network World Fusion which it renamed NetworkWorld.com
The publication is a perennial winner of awards from organizations such as the American Society of Business Publication Editors. Content includes investigative pieces such as "Where the public cloud actually lives" as well as lighter fare, such as the annual Tech Industry Graveyard. Popular blogs on the site include Layer 8 and BuzzBlog.
Network World also is involved in tech industry events, including the IIT Roadmap series. In addition, the publication has a presence across social media sites, including YouTube and Facebook
- Fredric Paul. "networkworld.com". Network World.
- "John E Dunn - Author". techworld.com. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "SDN". Network World.
- Bob Brown (22 July 2014). "Round-up of award-winning IDG Enterprise articles". Network World.
- "ASBPE > ASBPE Names Magazine of the Year, Web Site of the Year and Azbee Award Finalists, Winners".
- Jon Gold (2 September 2014). "Mapping the cloud: Where does the public cloud actually live?". Network World.
- Bob Brown (7 October 2013). "2013 tech industry graveyard". Network World.
- Michael Cooney. "Layer 8". Network World.
- Paul McNamara. "Buzzblog". Network World.
- "Network World Events".
- "Network World". YouTube.
- "Network World". Facebook.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.