|This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014)|
22 April 1968|
|Occupation||Chief designer at Scuderia Ferrari 2006-2014|
|Known for||Formula One car designer at Ferrari and McLaren.|
Tombazis graduated with a degree in engineering in 1989 at the Trinity College in Cambridge, followed by a PhD in aeronautical engineering at the Imperial College London in 1992.
In November 1992 he became aerodynamicist at the Benetton Formula 1 team and was promoted to Head of Aerodynamics in 1994. Three years later he moved to the Scuderia Ferrari, where, in 1998, he became Head of Aerodynamics and CFD. In 2004 he went back to England, to work with McLaren, where he started working in a similar position and being promoted to Head of Planning.
In March 2006 he was back at Ferrari, this time as Chief Designer. He left Ferrari on 16 December 2014.
- 1992-1993: Benetton Formula aerodynamicist
- 1993-1995: Benetton Formula chief aerodynamicist
- 1997: Scuderia Ferrari aerodynamicist
- 1998-2003: Scuderia Ferrari chief aerodynamicist
- 2004: McLaren chief aerodynamicist
- 2005: McLaren project chief director
- 2006-2014: Scuderia Ferrari chief designer
Tombazis lives in Castelnuovo Rangone (Modena) together with his wife and three children. He is the son of one of the most important Greek architects, Alexandros Tombazis.
- Official formula1.com information about Nicholas Tombazis
- Scuderia Ferrari Official Site information about Nicholas Tombazis
- FerrariWorld Interview
- Grandprix.com information about Nicholas Tombazis
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.