Journals

Conferences

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Nitaf

Nitaf

Nitaf
Arabic نطاف
Also spelled Nataf[1]
Subdistrict Jerusalem
Coordinates

31°50′13.47″N 35°03′55.25″E / 31.8370750°N 35.0653472°E / 31.8370750; 35.0653472Coordinates: 31°50′13.47″N 35°03′55.25″E / 31.8370750°N 35.0653472°E / 31.8370750; 35.0653472{{#coordinates:31|50|13.47|N|35|03|55.25|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 156/138
Population 40 (1945[2])
Area 1,401 dunams
1.4 km²
Date of depopulation April 15, 1948

Nitaf Arabic: نطاف‎, Natâf, was a small Palestinian Arab village in the Jerusalem Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on April 15, 1948 during the second stage of Operation Dani. Located 17 km west of Jerusalem, the village was built on an archaeological site which was surrounded by a number of khirbas.

In 1945 it had a population of 40 people. Nitaf had a maqam for local sage known as al-Shaykh Mas'ud.

References

  1. ^ Khalidi, 1992, p. 306.
  2. ^ Hadawi, 1970, p. 57.

Bibliography

</dl>

External links


Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.