Non ho l'età
|23x15px "Non ho l'età"|
|Eurovision Song Contest 1964 entry|
|◄ "Addio, addio" (1963)|
|"Se piangi, se ridi" (1965) ►|
"Non ho l'età" ("I'm not old enough") was the winning song in the Eurovision Song Contest 1964, held in Copenhagen. It was performed in Italian by Gigliola Cinquetti representing Italy. Like all previous Italian Eurovision entries, the song had also won that year's San Remo Music Festival. Cinquetti was sixteen years old at the time, making her the second youngest Eurovision winner in history after Belgium's Sandra Kim who claimed she was fifteen when she won the contest with "J'aime la vie" in Bergen in 1986 - although it was later revealed that Kim, in fact, was only thirteen.
The song was performed twelfth on the night, following Portugal's António Calvário with "Oração" and preceding Yugoslavia's Sabahudin Kurt with "Život je sklopio krug". By the close of voting, it had received 49 points, placing it first in a field of 16.
"Non ho l'età" became a considerable commercial success for Cinquetti, both in Italy, the rest of Continental Europe, Scandinavia and throughout the world; she also recorded the song in English ("This is My Prayer"), Spanish ("No Tengo Edad"), French ("Je suis à toi"), German ("Luna nel blu") and Japanese ("Yumemiru Omoi") and the song has since also been covered by a wide range of artists in other languages. Lili Ivanova, a famous Bulgarian singer and also Hong Kong singress Rebecca Pan, covered the song in 1964.
This page is a soft redirect.Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)
|Germany (Media Control AG)||3|
|Italy (Musica e Dischi)||1|
This page is a soft redirect.Netherlands (Single Top 100)
This page is a soft redirect.Norway (VG-lista)
This page is a soft redirect.UK Singles ([[UK Singles Chart#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Official Charts Company]])
- Sometimes also given as "Non ho l'età per amarti" (I'm not old enough to love you).
- O'Connor, John Kennedy. The Eurovision Song Contest - The Official History. Carlton Books, UK. 2007 ISBN 978-1-84442-994-3
- Thorsson, Leif. Melodifestivalen Genom Tiderna. Premium Publishing, Sweden. 1999 ISBN 91-89136-00-4
- Rateyourmusic.com, Gigliola Cinquetti, discography entry
- "Ultratop.be – Gigliola Cinquetti – Non ho l'età" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Tout les Titres par Artiste - C" (in French). Infodisc.fr. Retrieved 10 June 2012. Select Gigliola CINQUETTI from the menu, then press OK.
- "Single - Gigliola Cinquetti, Non ho l'età" (in German). Charts.de. Media Control. Retrieved 10 June 2012.
- Christian Calabrese. "Settimana 2 Maggio 1964 da Musica & Dischi" (in Italian). Hitparadeitalia.it. Retrieved 10 June 2012.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Gigliola Cinquetti – Non ho l'età" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – Gigliola Cinquetti – Non ho l'età". VG-lista.
- "Gigliola Cinquetti: Artist Chart History" UK Singles Chart.
"Dansevise" by Grethe and Jørgen Ingmann
|Eurovision Song Contest winners
| Succeeded by|
"Poupée de cire, poupée de son" by France Gall