Northcentral Technical College
|Northcentral Technical College|
|Motto||Real life. Real learning.|
|Type||State Technical College|
|President||Dr. Lori A. Weyers|
|Approximately 150 FT|
|Students||2022(FT), 3098(PT) as of 4-18-11|
|Location||Wausau, Wisconsin, United States|
Northcentral Technical College (also NTC) is a technical (community) college in Wausau, Wisconsin, USA. The district of the college includes all of, or portions of, Marathon, Lincoln, Taylor, Price, Langlade, Menominee, Clark, Portage, Shawano and Waupaca counties. The main campus is located in Wausau. There are regional centers in Antigo, Medford, Merrill, Phillips, Spencer and Wittenberg. It is a member of the 16 schools in the Wisconsin Technical College System.
The college began as Wausau Industrial School in 1912. It was renamed Wausau Vocational School in 1936, Wausau Technical Institute in 1961, North Central Technical Institute (NCTI) in 1967. It began occupying its new facility in 1969. It was renamed Northcentral Technical College in 1988.
- Wausau School Board establishes the Wausau Industrial School, with Silas B. Tobey, Wausau School Superintendent as Director
- Stanley Appleton assumes the Director position from Tobey
- Appleton replaced by Claude O. Mulder
- First advisory committee formed
- Oscar O. Johnson replaces Mulder as Director
- Eiffel Holm appointed Director of the Wausau Industrial School
- Name changed to the Wausau Vocational School
- Lawrence Hoyt becomes Director of the Wausau Vocational School
- First commencement ceremony held at Wausau’s Grand Theatre
- Name changed to Wausau Technical Institute
- Name changed to North Central Technical Institute (NCTI)
- Dedication and occupancy of NCTI’s new facility located at 1000 W. Campus Drive
- NCTI Foundation established
- Dwight Davis becomes Director of NCTI
- Classes begin at NCTI Medford campus
- Richard Neumann appointed interim NCTI Director
- Donald Hagen appointed NCTI Director
- Phillips NCTI campus dedicated
- CASS International program begins
- Name changed to Northcentral Technical College
- Wittenberg campus added
- Dean Dietrich, NTC attorney, serves as interim Director
- Dr. Robert Ernst appointed NTC President
- Classes begin at NTC Spencer campus
- NTC expands its international program and signs a sister-school agreement with a school in Altötting, Germany
- The first group of high school students received a certificate for completing the Machine Tool Grant Program. Waukesha Bearings Corporation, Merit Gear, the Antigo School District, Elcho School District, City of Antigo, and Langlade County worked with Northcentral Technical College to prepare future machinists for a career in manufacturing. Waukesha Bearings provided initial recommendations to the college when deciding which equipment to include in the program. This program primarily develops the skills of high school students seeking an understanding of Computer Numeric Control.
- Classes begin at NTC’s new David R. Obey Center for Health Sciences
- Groundbreaking for new NTC Public Safety Training Center in Merrill
- Dr. Lori Weyers appointed NTC President
NTC offers associate degree and technical diploma programs in agriculture, business, community services, general studies, health, public safety and technical and trades. NTC offers over 100 certificates.
District Board of Trustees
The Northcentral Technical College District Board of Trustees has nine members representing the NTC District. They are appointed during an early spring meeting by the district county board chairpersons and approved by the Wisconsin Technical College System Board.
- About NTC at official website, Retrieved June 27, 2007
- Kind, Larry. "Growing and Expanding Existing Area Businesses - Machine Tool Grant Program" (PDF). Northern Edge - Profiles of Best Practices. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- 'Wisconsin Blue Book 2009-2010,' Biographical Sketch of Russ Decker, pg. 76
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Northcentral Technical College.|