|Net worth||$110 million (est. 2015)|
A strong influence in a number of innovative start-ups over the last few years. Kobo started his IT career at the age of 21 by developing patented technology for the online lottery industry. He later established IT outsource facilities in Israel and China, which led him to co-found several Chinese Internet companies namely KGIM, SinoSheen and Koolanoo Group. KGIM a holding group of multiple Internet companies and a seed investment group was once partnered with the former Prime Minister of Qatar Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani and later sold to East River Capital for US $80 million. 
Kobo had also founded Pheed, a popular teen social media app that was launched in November 2012 and sold in March 2014 to Mobli Media Group a subsidiary of Carlos Slim for US $40 million.
Kobo is an investor and board member in several IT companies including Rubbr, Ginseng Life, Shellanoo Group and most recently Music Messenger, a popular music messaging service. Kobo is partnered in Music Messenger with David Guetta, Avicii, Will.I.Am, Tiësto, Sebastian Ingrosso, Nicki Minaj, ABBA, Ash Pournouri and the former chairman of Geffen Records Gee Roberson amongst others high profile executives from the music industry. Music Messenger launched September 21, 2014 on both iPhone and Android devices and was reported on April 20, 2015 to be growing at a rate of 1 million new users per month. On April 20, 2015 billionaire businessman and owner of Chelsea Football Club Roman Abramovich partnered with Kobo in Music Messenger by taking the lead in a $30 million investment round valuing the company at over $100 million.
Kobo sits on the board of several start-up companies in both Asia and Israel. He is a former Board Director of Camden Market Holdings, a real estate conglomerate based in London, England owner of the iconic Camden Market, Stables Market and Camden Lock Developments. Camden Market Holdings was sold in March 2014 for US $664 million to Israeli billionaire Teddy Sagi of Playtech.
- Carney, Michael. "Chinese Internet Tycoon". PandoDaily. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- Jeff Barrett (April 2, 2013). "Pheed is breakout social media star of 2013". Washington Times Communities. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- Chris Dannen (March 6, 2013). "What American Startups Can Learn From The Cutthroat Chinese Software Industry". Fast Company. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- Carney, Michael. "Chinese Internet Tycoon". Pando Daily. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- Butcher, Mike. "Instagram Competitor Mobli Gets $60M From Carlos Slim To Build A Visual Search Engine". TechCrunch.
- Ilya, Pozin. "Launch to Exit in 18 Months: Pheed Acquired for $40M". Forbes. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- Pozin, Ilya. http://www.forbes.com/sites/ilyapozin/2014/09/18/launch-to-exit-in-18-months-pheed-acquired-for-40m/. Missing or empty
- Ilya Pozin (October 18, 2012). "Is Pheed the New Twitter?". Forbes. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- Jon Swartz (February 19, 2013). "Pheed is feeding teens' thirst for social media". USA Today. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- Dan Milano (March 21, 2013). "Pheed: The Social Network That's Winning Over Teens from Facebook and Twitter". ABC News. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- Craig Kanalley (February 25, 2013). "Pheed Leaps Facebook, Twitter As Top Social App for iPhone". Huffington Post. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- Michael Carney (October 12, 2012). "Chinese Internet tycoon launches Pheed, an influencer social platform offering real monetization". Pando Daily. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- Petersburg, Ofer. "International Musicians Invest in Israeli App". Ynet News. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- Wolf, Jordana. "Music Moguls Love Israeli App 'Music Messenger'". No Camels - Israeli Innovation News. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- Pozin, Ilya. "Music Messenger Takes Center Stage". Forbes. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- Flanagan, Andrew (April 22, 2015). "Music Messenger, the App That Nicki Minaj and David Guetta Invested In, Is Exploding -- Here's Why". Billboard. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- Pozin, Ilya (24 April 2015). "7 Months From Launch, Music Messenger Closes $30 Million Funding Round". Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Goldenberg, Roy. "Abramovich invests in Music Messenger". Globes. Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- Dannen, Chris. "What American Startups Can Learn From The Cutthroat Chinese Software Industry". Fast Company. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- Staff (May 8, 2013). "Q&A Wednesday! Tony DeNiro of "Pheed"". NYPN. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- Minchom, Clive. "Teddy Sagi Buys London’s Camden Stables Market In Deal Valued At US$664 Million". JewishBusinessNews.