OMS Video is an open, royalty-free video compression specification under development[when?] by Sun Microsystems's Open Media Commons as part of the Open Media Stack. It defines a video decoder and the associated bitstream syntax. It is intended for delivery, storage and playback of video streams.
It was announced on April 11, 2008. The latest version of OMS Video Specification is 0.91, released on June 9, 2009.
OMS Video design
- Video compression
- Open Media Commons
- Dirac (codec)
- Open source codecs and containers
- "Open Media Stack Video Specifications". Open Media Commons. 2009-06-09. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- Nathan Willis (2008-08-22). "Sun's OMS Video codec project is a means to an end". Linux.com. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- Robert Glidden (2008-04-11). "OMS Video, A Project of Sun's Open Media Commons Initiative". Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- announcement of OMS Video
- Sun ponders video codec technology - InfoWorld
- OpenMediaCommons.org official homepage
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.