On ne change pas (song)
"On ne change pas" (meaning "One doesn't change") is the third and last commercial single from Celine Dion's album S'il suffisait d'aimer. It was released on March 1, 1999 in Francophone countries.
It's another track written and produced by Jean-Jacques Goldman.
"On ne change pas" music video was directed by Gilbert Namiand (1999) and included later on Dion's On ne change pas DVD. Dion's only appearances in the video are in the form of photographs taken of her with her grade-school class at age eight. A second version of the video exists, containing similar footage, but focusing more on the young girl. This version also features several scenes of Dion in the studio recording the song, as well as moments from her career.
The single was released in selected European countries, reaching number 16 in Belgium Wallonia and number 17 in France. "On ne change pas" remains undercertified in France where it sold 235,000 copies and should be certified silver (125,000).
A live version of "On ne change pas" appeared on the Au cœur du stade album and DVD. The latter also included as a bonus the recording of this song. Dion also performed it live during her historic performance in front of 250,000 spectators to celebrate Quebec's 400th anniversary, which was included on Céline sur les Plaines DVD in 2008. The song was also performed for the Sans attendre Tour of 2013; the Quebec City performance was included in the Céline... une seule fois / Live 2013 CD/DVD. Celine also performed this song during her Taking Chances World Tour in the city of Antwerp, Belgium in 2008.
The track became a part of the On ne change pas greatest hits compilation in 2005.
Formats and track listings
European CD single
- "On ne change pas" – 4:09
- "Sur le même bateau" – 4:25
Certifications and sales
|Region||Certification|| scope="col" data-sort-type="number" #REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other|
This page is a soft redirect. Sales/shipments
- Glatzer, Jenna (2005). Céline Dion: For Keeps. Andrews McMeel Publishing. ISBN 0-7407-5559-5.
- Jaspers, Sam (2006). Ultratop 1995-2005. Book & Media Publishing. ISBN 90-5720-232-8.
- "Céline Dion - On ne change pas" (in French). Ultratop & Hung Medien. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "The Eurochart Hot 100 Singles". Music & Media. 2 January 1999. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Céline Dion - On ne change pas (chanson)" (in French). Hung Medien. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Classement Singles - année 1999" (in French). SNEP. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Rapports annuels 1999" (in French). Ultratop. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Les 45 T. / Singles" (in French). InfoDisc. Retrieved 2 October 2014.