Org 26576 is an ampakine drug originally developed by Cortex Pharmaceuticals and then licensed to Organon International for development. In animal studies it has been shown to effectively potentiate AMPA receptor function, leading to increased BDNF release and enhanced neuronal differentiation and survival, as well as producing nootropic effects in standardised assays.
- Jordan GR, McCulloch J, Shahid M, Hill DR, Henry B, Horsburgh K. Regionally selective and dose-dependent effects of the ampakines Org 26576 and Org 24448 on local cerebral glucose utilisation in the mouse as assessed by 14C-2-deoxyglucose autoradiography. Neuropharmacology. 2005 Aug;49(2):254-64. PMID 15993447
- Su XW, Li XY, Banasr M, Koo JW, Shahid M, Henry B, Duman RS. Chronic treatment with AMPA receptor potentiator Org 26576 increases neuronal cell proliferation and survival in adult rodent hippocampus. Psychopharmacology (Berlin). 2009 Oct;206(2):215-22. PMID 19603152
- Hamlyn E, Brand L, Shahid M, Harvey BH. The ampakine, Org 26576, bolsters early spatial reference learning and retrieval in the Morris water maze: a subchronic, dose-ranging study in rats. Behavioural Pharmacology. 2009 Oct;20(7):662-7. PMID 19741506
- Bursi R, Erdemli G, Campbell R, Hutmacher MM, Kerbusch T, Spanswick D, Jeggo R, Nations KR, Dogterom P, Schipper J, Shahid M. Translational PK-PD modelling of molecular target modulation for the AMPA receptor positive allosteric modulator Org 26576. Psychopharmacology (Berlin). 2011 Dec;218(4):713-24. PMID 21647578
- Jardemark K, Marcus MM, Malmerfelt A, Shahid M, Svensson TH. Differential effects of AMPA receptor potentiators and glycine reuptake inhibitors on antipsychotic efficacy and prefrontal glutamatergic transmission. Psychopharmacology (Berlin). 2011 Nov 9. PMID 22068461
- Fumagalli F, Calabrese F, Luoni A, Shahid M, Racagni G, Riva MA. The AMPA receptor potentiator Org 26576 modulates stress-induced transcription of BDNF isoforms in rat hippocampus. Pharmacological Research. 2011 Nov 3. PMID 22079295
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.