Emmel in 2012
May 2, 1968|
|Weight||Script error: No such module "convert".|
Paul Lewis Emmel (born May 2, 1968) is an umpire in Major League Baseball. Since 1999, he has worked in the National League and throughout both major leagues since 2000. Emmel has umpired two All-Star Games (2002, 2013); one Wild Card Game (2014); eight Division Series (2002, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013); two League Championship Series (2007, 2014); and the 2013 World Series. He wears #50 on his uniform.
Prior to reaching the major leagues in 1999, Emmel worked in the New York-Penn League (1992â1993), South Atlantic League (1994), California League (1995), Florida State League (1996), Eastern League (1996â1997), and International League (1998).
- REDIRECT Template:Baseball year. Five days prior to Verlander's no-hitter, Emmel was also at second base in a game between the Boston Red Sox and the Oakland Athletics in which Boston pitcher Curt Schilling had a no-hitter until Shannon Stewart broke up the no-hitter with a single with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning.
Emmel is a graduate of Central Michigan University with a B.A. in finance (1991).
- Bobby Cox tossed in 2nd inning ESPN.com. Retrieved August 4, 2012.
- Verlander fans 12 in first Tigers no-hitter since '84 ESPN.com. Retrieved 24 July 2012
- Stewart breaks up Schilling no-hitter with 2 outs in 9th ESPN.com. Retrieved 24 July 2012
- "Josh Hamilton hits 4 two-run HRs as Rangers bury O's". ESPN.com. Retrieved 8 May 2012.