Pearl necklace (sexuality)
A pearl necklace is a slang term referring to a sexual act in which a man ejaculates semen on or near the neck, chest, or breast of another person. If ejaculation is onto the other person's face it can be called a facial. Such ejaculation can be done by mammary intercourse, or masturbation over the other person, or result from the withdrawal of the penis from a partner's mouth as he is ejaculating following fellatio, irrumatio, or intercourse.
In popular culture
The term was used by George Carlin in his "Incomplete List Of Impolite Words" joke as early as 1984 on the album "Carlin On Campus"
The term was introduced to viewers of the HBO sex comedy Sex and the City in episode 69, first broadcast in 2004. In the episode one of the characters misunderstands a promise she overhears made to another character, Samantha Jones, who then explained the term. Boogie-Blues band ZZ Top was criticized for the lyrics of its song "Pearl Necklace" as one of its songs whose lyrics were claimed to objectify women.
- Davis, 1996, pages 125-127
- Sex Tips for Straight Women from a Gay Man: Dan Anderson. Regan Books, 1997. p 106-7.
- The Vice Guide to Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll: Suroosh Alvi, Gavin McInnes, Shane Smith. Warner Books, 2003. p 35
- Wendy Chapkis (1997). Live sex acts: women performing erotic labor (illustrated ed.). Taylor & Francis. p. 170 (and footnote 57 on page 232). ISBN 0-415-91288-1.
"LATEST LOWLIGHTS FROM SEX AND THE CITY". Parents Television Council. Retrieved 2012-01-30.
Actually we're talking about the other kind of pearl necklace. You know, the kind where the guy decorates your neck?mirror
- "Luck be an old lady". Sex and the City scripts. Retrieved 2012-01-30. mirror
Sabrina Weill (2006). Perigee, ed. The Real Truth about Teens and Sex. p. 113. ISBN 0-399-53280-3.
I didn't know what a pearl necklace was until I watched Sex and the City
Ben Shapiro (2005). Regnery Publishing, ed. Porn Generation: How Social Liberalism Is Corrupting Our Future. ISBN 0-89526-016-6.
Samantha to Charlotte: actually, we're talking about the other kind of pearl necklace. You know, the one where the guy decorates your neck?
Michael Saunders (1991-04-05). "Blues-driven Boogie Of Zz Top To Fill Miami Arena For 2 Shows". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
ZZ Top is not without its booing section. They have been knocked for the woman-as-bimbo image by decorating videos with long-legged beauties. And critics have charged that sexually oriented tunes such as Tush, Pearl Necklace, and Velcro Fly also portray women as sex objects.mirror
- Eric Partridge; Tom Dalzell; Terry Victor (2006). Taylor & Francis, ed. The New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English. p. 1455. ISBN 0-415-25938-X.
- Peter Davis (1996). Auckland University Press, ed. Intimate Details & Vital Statistics: AIDS, Sexuality and the Social Order in New Zealand. pp. 125–127. ISBN 1-86940-139-5.