Peter Curtis Lamont|
November 12, 1929
London, United Kingdom
|Occupation||Art director, Set decorator, Production designer|
Peter Curtis Lamont (born 12 November 1929) is a noted set decorator, art director, and production designer most famous for working on eighteen James Bond films, from Goldfinger to Casino Royale. The only Bond film that he did not work on during that period was Tomorrow Never Dies.
Throughout his near 60-year career, Lamont has been nominated for three Academy Awards for his work on Fiddler on the Roof (1971), The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) and Aliens (1986). He was nominated a fourth time and won for Titanic (1997).
On August 22, 1982, Lamont was a passenger on an Indian Airlines flight from Mumbai to New Delhi, which was hijacked by a lone Sikh militant, armed with a pistol and a hand grenade. Indian security forces killed the hijacker and rescued all passengers, including Lamont.
James Bond series
- Goldfinger (1964) (uncredited)
- Thunderball (1965) (uncredited)
- You Only Live Twice (1967)
- On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
- Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
- Live and Let Die (1973)
- The Man with the Golden Gun (1974)
- The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
- Moonraker (1979) — Visual effects
- For Your Eyes Only (1981)
- Octopussy (1983)
- A View to a Kill (1985)
- The Living Daylights (1987)
- Licence to Kill (1989)
- GoldenEye (1995)
- The World Is Not Enough (1999)
- Die Another Day (2002)
- Casino Royale (2006)
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968) — Assistant set director
- Fiddler on the Roof (1971) — Set decorator
- Aliens (1986) — Production designer
- Eve of Destruction (1991) — Production designer
- True Lies (1994) — Production designer
- Titanic (1997) — Production designer
- Wing Commander (1999) — Production designer
- "The 59th Academy Awards (1987) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- Peter Lamont at the Internet Movie Database
- Peter Lamont at the British Film Institute's Screenonline
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).