|No. 15 Indianapolis Colts|
|Date of birth:||January 5, 1993|
|Place of birth:||Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|Height:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Weight:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|High school:||St. Thomas Aquinas|
|NFL draft:||2015 / Round: 1 / Pick: 29|
Career Template:If empty statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
Phillip Dorsett (born January 5, 1993) is an American football wide receiver for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Miami Hurricanes. He was taken 29th overall in the 2015 NFL Draft by the Colts.
Dorsett attended St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where he was a two-sport star in football and track. He played as a wide receiver for coach George Smith, and played with future Indianapolis Colts teammate, Duron Carter. He hauled in 30 receptions for 594 yards and nine touchdowns as junior. As a senior, he had 35 receptions for 806 yards and 12 touchdowns in an undefeated season, winning Florida 5A football championship as well as finishing first in the Powerade Fab 50 ESPN Rise national poll. He also returned four kicks for touchdowns.
Also a standout track & field athlete, Dorsett was one of the state's top performers in both the sprinting and jumping events. He got personal-best leaps of 7.55 meters (24-7) in the long jump and 14.59 meters (47-9) in the triple jump at the 2011 Louie Bing Classic. He placed second in the 100 meters (10.51 s) and third in the 200 meters (21.26 s) at the 2011 FHSAA District Meet. He recorded a career-best time of 48.32 seconds in the 400 meters at the 2011 BCAA Championships. In addition, he also ran a 4.4-second 40-yard dash and had a 36.5-inch vertical jump at the Under Armour Combine.
Dorsett was rated as a three-star recruit by both Rivals.com and ESPN.com. He was ranked as the 45th prospect at his position by ESPNU. He committed to the University of Miami to play college football. Also considered scholarship offers from Florida, Ohio State, North Carolina and Georgia, among others.
Dorsett played at Miami from 2011 to 2014. As a true freshman in 2011 he appeared in 12 games. He recorded 14 receptions for 147 yards and a touchdown. As a sophomore in 2012, he played in 12 games with 10 starts and led the team with 58 receptions for 842 yards and four touchdowns. As a junior in 2013, Dorsett played in only eight games due to a knee injury. He finished the year with 13 receptions for 272 yards and two touchdowns. Dorsett started all 13 games his senior season in 2014, recording 36 receptions for 871 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Dorsett finished his college career with 121 receptions for 2,132 yards and 17 touchdowns.
|Ht||Wt<th>Arm length</th><th>Hand size</th>||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 10 in||185 lb<td align="center">301⁄4 in</td><td align="center">93⁄8 in</td>||4.33 s||4.11 s||6.70 s||37 in||10 ft 2 in||13 reps|
Dorsett was drafted 29th overall by the Indianapolis Colts in the 2015 NFL draft. The drafting of Dorsett was a surprise to many analysts and fans, considering Indianapolis already had depth at the wide receiver position, including the recently signed Andre Johnson and Duron Carter, and the selection reportedly upset several Colts players, who thought the team should have instead focused on a defensive player. Dorsett signed with the Colts on May 27.
- "Chickillo, Dorsett say UM freshmen are ready to step up if needed | Eye on the U". miamiherald.typepad.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "Louie Bing Classic- Complete Results". fl.milesplit.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "FHSAA 4A District 12- Complete Results". fl.milesplit.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "BCAA Championship- Complete Results". fl.milesplit.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "Phillip Dorsett - Yahoo! Sports". sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "Miami Phillip Dorsett:St. Thomas Aquinas WR Phillip Dorsett commits to Miami - Orlando Sentinel". orlandosentinel.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "Little freshman Phillip Dorsett having big impact for Miami Hurricanes | Canes Watch". caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpost.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "Miami Hurricanes wide receiver Phillip Dorsett eager to make splash in Russell Athletic Bowl. - Sun Sentinel". articles.sun-sentinel.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- Fox Sports. "Miami Hurricanes receiver Phillip Dorsett healthy, confident | FOX Sports". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "Miami Hurricanes Artie Burns and Phillip Dorsett: Fast in meters or yards | The Miami Herald The Miami Herald". miamiherald.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "Phillip Dorsett Draft Profile". NFL.com. Retrieved May 12, 2015.
- Glenesk, Matthew (May 1, 2015). "Links: How analysts are grading Colts' Phillip Dorsett pick". indystar.com. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
- Florio, Mike (May 4, 2015). "Some Colts players not happy with decision to draft Dorsett". profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
- "Indianapolis Colts sign first-round draft pick WR-Phillip Dorsett". colts.com. May 27, 2015. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
- Adams, Matt (May 27, 2015). "Colts sign first-round pick Phillip Dorsett". fox59.com. Retrieved May 27, 2015.