Pierre Assouline in Strasbourg, April 2009.
17 April 1953|
|Occupation||Novelist, essayist, biographer|
|Notable awards||Le Prix Maison de la Presse (2005), Le Prix de la langue française (2007), Le prix Méditerranée (2011), Le prix littéraire Prince-Pierre-de-Monaco (2011)|
Pierre Assouline (born 17 April 1953) is a writer and journalist. He was born in Casablanca, Morocco. He has published several novels and biographies, and also contributes articles for the print media and broadcasts for radio.
As a biographer, he has covered a diverse and eclectic range of subjects, including:
- Henri Cartier-Bresson, the legendary photographer
- Marcel Dassault, the aeronautics pioneer
- Gaston Gallimard, the publisher
- Hergé, the creator of The Adventures of Tintin
- Daniel-Henry Kahnweiler, the art dealer
- Georges Simenon, the detective novelist and creator of Inspector Maigret
Several of these books have been translated into English and the Henri Cartier-Bresson biography has been translated into Chinese.
- Assouline's blog (in French)
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.