Pioneer Natural Resources
|File:Pioneer Natural Resources logo.png|
S&P 500 Component
|Industry||Oil & Gas|
|Headquarters||Irving, Texas, U.S.|
|Scott D. Sheffield, Chairman and CEO|
|~182,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day from continuing operations (2014)|
|Revenue||11px$3.23 billion USD (2012)|
|Total assets||$14.9 billion USD (2014)|
Number of employees
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. is an Irving, Texas-based, large, independent oil and gas company. The company was created in 1997 by the merger of Parker & Parsley Petroleum Company and MESA Inc. In 2004, Pioneer Natural Resources merged with Evergreen Resources, Inc. The company has approximately 4,000 employees. It is a component of the S&P 500 stock market index.
Pioneer Natural Resources is historically a Texas-based oil company. Pioneer is one of the most active drillers in Texas’ Spraberry/Wolfcamp oil field in the Permian Basin and the Eagle Ford Shale play in South Texas. It is also one of the largest natural gas operators in southeastern Colorado's coal bed methane-rich Raton Basin and in the gas field in the western part of the Texas Panhandle.
In March 2012, Pioneer Natural Resources announced the $297 million acquisition of Carmeuse Industrial Sands, a silica sand manufacturer the company renamed Premier Silica.
In January 2013, Pioneer Resources announced its second venture with a foreign investor, a $1.7 billion agreement with Sinochem Petroleum USA LLC (a subsidiary of Sinochem Group) to sell a 40 percent interest in approximately 207,000 net acres (84,000 net hectares) leased in horizontal Wolfcamp Shale play. Pioneer will continue as the operator of the project.
- Mesa Is to Merge With Parker & Parsley
- "Company Profile - Official Website". Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "Pioneer Natural Resources Announces $1.15 Billion Eagle Ford Shale Joint Venture with Reliance Industries - News Release". June 24, 2010.
- "Pioneer Natural Resources Announces Acquisition of Carmeuse Industrial Sands - News Release". March 5, 2012.
- "Pioneer Natural Resources Announces $1.7 Billion Horizontal Wolfcamp Shale Transaction with Sinochem - News Release". January 30, 2013.