Political party strength in the Northern Mariana Islands
- Lieutenant Governor
- Attorney General (first elected in 2014).
- Resident Representative in Washington, D.C. (through 2008); non-voting delegate to the United States House of Representatives (beginning 2009)
The table also indicates the historical party composition in the:
|Year||Executive offices||Commonwealth Legislature||U.S. House|
|Governor||Lieutenant Governor||Attorney General||Territorial Senate||Territorial House|
|1978||Carlos Camacho (D)||Francisco Ada (D)||Not an elected office||Edward Pangelinan (D)|
|1982||Pedro Tenorio (R)||Pedro Agulto Tenorio (R)|
|1984||Froilan Tenorio (D)|
|1990||Lorenzo I. De Leon Guerrero (R)||Benjamin Manglona (R)||Juan Babauta (R)|
|1994||Froilan Tenorio (D)||Jesus Borja (D)|
|1998||Pedro Tenorio (R)||Jesus Sablan (R)|
|2002||Juan Babauta (R)||Diego Benavente (R)||Pedro Agulto Tenorio (R)|
|2006||Benigno R. Fitial (C)||Timothy P. Villagomez (C)||6Coalition, 3R
(3C, 3R, 2D, 1I)
|7C, 7R, 2D, 2I|
|2008||12R, 4C, 3I, 1D|
|2009||Eloy S. Inos (C)||Template:Party shading/Independent|Gregorio Sablan (I)|
|2010||unknown||9R, 7C, 4I||Gregorio Sablan (D)|
|2011||Benigno R. Fitial (R)|
|2013||Eloy S. Inos (C)||Jude Hofschneider||5R, 4I||rowspan=2 Template:Party shading/Independent|12I, 4R, 4C|
|2014||Eloy S. Inos (R)|
|2015||Ralph Torres (R)||Edward Manibusan (NP)||7R, 2I||Template:Party shading/Independent|13I, 7R|
|Year||Governor||Lieutenant Governor||Attorney General||Territorial Senate||Territorial House||U.S. House|
|Executive offices||Commonwealth Legislature|
- Resigned April 26, 2009.
- Nominated by Governor and confirmed by Senate to fill vacancy.
- Fitial founded the Covenant Party in 2001 after leaving the Republican Party. He rejoined the Republican Party on January 5, 2011, announcing that his goal will be to merger the Covenant Party back into the Republican Party. Eugenio, Haidee V. (2011-01-08). "Fitial now back to Republican Party, Governor's end goal to merge Covenant with GOP". Saipan Tribune. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- Resigned February 20, 2013
- Succeeded to office upon the resignation of his predecessor.
- Inos left the Covenant Party in September 2013 and joined the Republican party.
- Politics in the Northern Mariana Islands
- Politics of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Elections in the Northern Mariana Islands
- List of political parties in the Northern Mariana Islands