File:Polk Robison 1945.jpg|
Robison in 1945
May 24, 1912|
|Died||June 27, 2008(aged 96)|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
Texas Tech (assistant)
|Administrative career (AD unless noted)|
|Head coaching record|
Polk Robison (May 24, 1912 – June 27, 2008) was an American collegiate basketball and football coach and college athletics administrator who served as the head coach of the Texas Tech Red Raiders basketball team from 1942 to 1946 and again from 1947 to 1961. He served as the university's athletic director from 1961 to 1969.
As a student at Texas Tech, Robison tried out for the football team but did not make the cut. However, he did letter in basketball and tennis. After graduating in 1934, he helped coach football and tennis in the 1940s.
Head basketball coach
After stepping down from his coaching position in 1961, Robison served as the athletic director at Texas Tech until 1969. He served two more years on the athletics staff before finally retiring in 1971.
Head coaching record
- Don Williams - Saluting a Tech legend turned 90 05/24/02
- Men's Basketball - Texas Tech Red Raiders :: The Official Athletic Site
- Tech honors coach, AD Robison
- Red Raider Athletics. Tech Icon Robison Passes Away
- Marlena Hartz. "Former Tech coach Robison dies". Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Retrieved 2008-06-28.