Pyelogram (or pyelography or urography) is a form of imaging of the renal pelvis and ureter.
- Intravenous pyelogram In which a contrast solution is introduced through a vein into the circulatory system. This is a form of anterograde pyelogram.
- Retrograde pyelogram Any pyelogram in which contrast medium is introduced into the lower urinary tract and flows toward the kidney (i.e. in a "retrograde" direction, against the normal flow of urine).
- Anterograde pyelogram (Also antegrade pyelogram) Any pyelogram where a contrast medium passes from the kidneys toward the bladder, mimicking the normal flow of urine.
- Gas pyelogram A pyelogram that uses a gaseous rather than liquid contrast medium.
- ^ "pyelography" at Dorland's Medical Dictionary
- ^ Urology Secrets, 2nd Ed.,; Resnick, MD, Novick, MD; Hanley & Belfus, Inc., 1999, esp Chapt. 13, Evaluation of Hydronephrosis in Children by Kay, MD.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.