Rajaram College, Kolhapur (राजाराम महाविद्यालय, कोल्हापूर) is a Government college affiliated to Shivaji University in Kolhapur. It runs degree level (BSc and BA) courses in science, humanities, languages and arts and MA in Psychology. It also has a popular junior college offering higher secondary education courses in science and arts.
Rajaram college was established in the year 1880, by the Maharaja of Kohapur. It recently celebrated post centenary silver jubilee. It is located near Shivaji University. Many students from nearby villages study there. It is located somewhat outskirts of Kolhapur city. It has a large area of campus where many people from nearby areas come for a pleasure walk. State run U.P.S.C and M.P.S.C institute is also present in the same campus. This college has given many intelligent and famous dignitaries to INDIA like IAS, IPS officers who are serving the nation.
The college has a picturesque campus of around 75 acres. It has 13 independent buildings including a 2000 capacity auditorium. The Dr. Balkrishna Library has more than 125000 volumes.
- Basappa Danappa Jatti, former President of India
- R. Madhavan, Tamil and Bollywood star
- Prof. D. C. Pavate, educationist
- Prof. Abhay Ashtekar, Scientist, Quantum Gravity and Cosmology
- Yashwantrao Chavan CM,Maharashtra.
- Professor (Dr) Arun Nigavekar, Winner of Rajaram College Fellowship For Masters Degree, Chairman, University Grants Commission, Vice Chancellor, University of Pune, SUniversity Grants Commission,Member of Science & Teachnology Committee to the Prime Minister, Founder Director, National Assessment & Accreditation Council.
- India's famous diatomist H. P. Gandhi worked here as a biology lecturer during the 1950s