Republicans Abroad is an organization for members of the Republican Party who are living outside of the United States. The organization has almost 50 chapters worldwide. Republicans Abroad is not considered a "state committee" by the Republican National Committee and does not send delegates to the Republican National Convention. Young Republicans is represented by Young Republicans Abroad and Teenage Republicans is represented by Teenage Republican Ambassadors.
According to its website, the primary mission of Republicans Abroad is, "To integrate Americans, especially those who adhere to the principles of the Republican Party, into the election process." As such, Republicans Abroad has undertaken social media campaigns to, printed publications, a weekly radio show, and organize Republican voters. The organization has supported Section 911 of the US Code regarding incomes taxes of expatriates, and including expatriates in the US Census.
Until the passage of the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) in 1975, US citizens overseas could not vote in federal elections. That year, President Gerald Ford signed UOCAVA, thereby enabling voters overseas to cast an absentee ballot in their state of residence. Given the desirability of organizing the American electorate overseas, Republicans Abroad was started[by whom?] in 1978. Since then, Republicans Abroad has taken an active role in organizing voters overseas, hosting voter-registration drives, espousing Republican principles in media, and organizing speakers.
Since February 2009 the organization has hosted a weekly radio-show through WSRadio called "Republicans Abroad Radio". The show airs live each Wednesday from 10:00 AM ET to 11:00 AM ET. Each show is divided into four segments at 10:00 AM, 10:15 AM, 10:30 AM, and 10:45 AM. Guests to the show have included Republicans such as Reagan Attorney General Edwin Meese III, Grover Norquist, and members of Congress.
- Middle-East and Africa
Egypt, Ethiopia, Israel, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates
- Asia and Australasia
Albania, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland, Slovakia, United Kingdom
- "Republicans Abroad Israel". RepublicansAbroad.org.il. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Home Page - Republicans Abroad Hong Kong". Republicans-abroad.org. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Republicans Abroad Japan". RaJapan.org. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- http://gopkorea.blogs.com/gop/2003/09/welcome_to_repu.html[dead link]
- "Welcome to Republicans Abroad Norway!". RepublicansAbroad.no. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Welcome to Republicans Abroad in Serbia". RSRepublicansAbroad.com. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "Welcome to". Swissgop.org. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Home". Republicans Abroad UK. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Republicans Abroad Canada". Republicansabroad.ca. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Republicans Abroad Mexico". RepublicansAbroadMexico.org. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Republicans Abroad Panama". Republicans Abroad Panama. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.