File:Ricky Ledo 2014-11-24.jpg|
Ledo in 2014
|No. 11 â New York Knicks|
September 10, 1992|
Providence, Rhode Island
|Nationality||American / Puerto Rican|
|Listed height||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Listed weight||Script error: No such module "convert".|
(Warwick, Rhode Island)
(Barrington, Rhode Island)
Notre Dame Prep
(South Kent, Connecticut)
|NBA draft||2013 / Round: 2 / Pick: 43rd overall|
|Selected by the Milwaukee Bucks|
|2013â2015||âTexas Legends (D-League)|
|2015||Texas Legends (D-League)|
|2015âpresent||New York Knicks|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Ricardo "Ricky" Ledo (born September 10, 1992) is an American-Puerto Rican professional basketball player who currently plays for the New York Knicks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He committed to play for the Providence Friars, but the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) ruled him academically ineligible to play during his freshman season in 2012â13. Ledo never played a minute for the Friars that season, and at the end of the year he declared he was entering the 2013 NBA Draft.
High school career
During his high school career, Ledo spent his first two years enrolled at Bishop Hendricken High School in Warwick, Rhode Island. Ledo attended St. Andrew's School in Barrington, Rhode Island, Notre Dame Preparatory School in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, and South Kent School in South Kent, Connecticut. At St. Andrew's, Ledo's squad finished second in the NEPSAC Class B conference; at Notre Dame, he led the team to the Prep National Finals; and, at South Kent, he was a Second Team All-Conference performer as a senior.
Ledo was rated the #21 overall college prospect by ESPN and was a McDonald's All-American. He committed to play for Providence College in his home state of Rhode Island. In September of his freshman year, the NCAA ruled him academically ineligible due to not having enough credits. He stayed at school with the hope that he would be eligible during the second semester, but the NCAA never reinstated him.
After spending one year at Providence without being able to play, Ledo declared for the 2013 NBA draft. Despite never playing a single game in his career with Providence, he is still credited by the NBA as a player that came out of Providence as opposed to high school.
Ledo was selected by the Milwaukee Bucks with the 43rd overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft. His draft rights were then traded to the Philadelphia 76ers and finally to the Dallas Mavericks. On July 24, 2013, he signed his rookie scale contract with the Mavericks. During his rookie and sophomore seasons, he had multiple assignments with the Texas Legends of the NBA Development League. In order to make room for the signing of Amar'e Stoudemire, the Mavericks waived Ledo on February 18, 2015 after appearing in just 16 games over two seasons. On March 3, he re-joined the Texas Legends.
On March 19, 2015, Ledo signed a 10-day contract with the New York Knicks. On March 29, he signed a second 10-day contract with the Knicks. On April 3, he scored a career-high 21 points in an 87-101 loss to the Washington Wizards. On April 8, he signed with the Knicks for the rest of the season.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Visenberg, Michael (May 27, 2013). "Ricardo Ledo". NBADraft.net. Sports Phenoms, Inc. Retrieved June 12, 2013.
- Lombardi, Matt (April 11, 2013). "Providenceâs Best Recruit In Years, Ricky Ledo, Declares For The NBA Without Even Playing A Game For The Friars". CollegeSpun.com. College Spun, LLC. Retrieved June 13, 2013.
- "Ricky Ledo didn't play a game at Providence last year, still among top point guards in draft". FoxNews.com. FOX News Network, LLC. June 4, 2013. Retrieved June 10, 2013.
- Farrahar, Kevin (June 2, 2013). "Breaking Down Ricky Ledo". FriarBasketball.com. Wordpress. Retrieved June 13, 2013.
- "NBA Draft 2013: Ricky Ledo scouting report". SB Nation NBA News. Vox Media, Inc. May 1, 2013. Retrieved June 13, 2013.
- MacMahon, Tim (July 24, 2013). "Mavs sign second-round pick Ricky Ledo". ESPN.com. ESPN, Inc. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- 2013-14 NBA Assignments
- 2014-15 NBA Assignments
- Mavericks officially sign Amarâe Stoudemire, waive Ricky Ledo
- Legends Acquire Ricky Ledo
- Knicks Sign Ricky Ledo to 10-Day Contract
- Knicks sign Ricky Ledo to second 10-day contract
- Gortat and Beal lead Wizards past Knicks 101-87
- Knicks Sign Ricky Ledo For Remainder of Season
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- NBA D-League Profile
- DraftExpress.com Profile