Robert David Steele
- For other people named Robert Steele, see Robert Steele (disambiguation).
|Robert David Steele|
Robert David Steele
July 16, 1952|
23x15px New York City, New York
|Occupation||Open source intelligence advocate|
Robert David Steele Vivas (born July 16, 1952) is an American activist and former Central Intelligence Agency clandestine services case officer. He is known for his promotion of open source intelligence (OSINT). He was a candidate for the Reform Party's nomination for President of the United States in the 2012 presidential election until February 23, 2012.
Robert David Steele was born in New York City on July 16, 1952. His father was a petroleum industry executive. He spent his first twenty years in Latin America and Asia. Steele reportedly holds a B.A. in political science from Muhlenberg College, an M.A. in international relations from Lehigh University; and an M.P.A. from the University of Oklahoma.
In 2011 Steele announced his intention to receive the nomination of the United States Reform Party. In November of that year, he crafted a proposed statement called the Electoral Reform Act of 2012 and presented it to the Occupy Wall Street Electoral Reform Committee. He withdrew on February 23, 2012, citing a lack of support from other prospective third party candidates.
Steele is prominently featured in the 2007 documentary American Drug War: The Last White Hope. He also appeared in two French documentaries: Les Hackers (English translation: Hackers), on the National Geographic Channel, CIA Guerres Secretes (By William Karel) and Le Monde selon Bush (English translation: The World according to Bush by William Karel), on the television channel Paris Première.
|This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2015)|
- The Open Source Everything
- INTELLIGENCE for EARTH - Clarity, Diversity, Integrity, & Sustainability
- On Intelligence: Spies and Secrecy in an Open World
- The New Craft of Intelligence: Personal, Public, & Political—Citizen's Action Handbook for Fighting Terrorism, Genocide, Disease, Toxic Bombs, & Corruption
- Information Operations: All Information, All Languages, All the Time
- THE SMART NATION ACT: Public Intelligence in the Public Interest
- Information operations: putting the "I" back into DIME
- Peacekeeping Intelligence: Emerging Concepts for the Future
- Wired article How to Restore Spies Credibility: Go Open Source published December 14, 2007. See also: *Agee, Philip. Inside the Company: CIA Diary. Penguin Books, 1975, p. 528. ISBN 0-14-004007-2.
- Nafeez Ahmed. "The open source revolution is coming and it will conquer the 1% - ex CIA spy". the Guardian.
- "Robert David Steele ends campaign for the Reform Party presidential nomination". Independent Political Report.
- "Robert Steele OWS Electoral Reform Proposal".
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).