Cleveland Indians – No. 55
Born: December 23, 1988|
Mayagüez, Puerto Rico
|July 10, 2014 for the Cleveland Indians|
(through May 12, 2015)
|Runs batted in||11|
Pérez was drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 29th round of the 2006 Major League Baseball Draft out of Eugenio Maria De Hostos High School in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico. He did not sign and attended Florida Gateway College. He was then drafted by the Cleveland Indians in the 33rd round of the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft. Pérez played while suffering from bell's palsy during the 2013 season.
Pérez has one star tattoo on each hand, representing his mother and his son. His mother's name is tattooed on his right wrist.
- Bastian, Jordan (April 27, 2014). "Prospect Perez played through Bell's palsy". MLB.com. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- Massie, Jim (May 13, 2014). "Clippers: Bell’s palsy catches Perez off guard". Columbus Dispatch. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- Bastian, Jordan; Shirkey, Alec (July 8, 2014). "Indians call up catcher Perez from Triple-A". MLB.com. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- Shirkey, Alec (July 10, 2014). "Replay gives Tribe's Perez first big league homer". MLB.com. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- Fagerstrom, August (May 8, 2015). "Tribe's Perez always has mom in his heart". MLB.com. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.