|No. 16 New Orleans VooDoo|
|Date of birth:||March 26, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Bradenton, Florida|
|Height:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Weight:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|High school:||Brandenton (FL) Southeast|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career Template:If empty statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Career Arena football statistics as of 2014|
|Stats at ArenaFan.com|
Rod Harper (born March 26, 1985 in Bradenton, Florida) is an American football wide receiver for the New Orleans VooDoo of the Arena Football League (AFL). He was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Green Bay Packers in 2008. He played college football at Murray State.
Harper attended Murray State, where he led the team with 57 receptions for 779 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2007 and earned Second-team All-Ohio Valley Conference. He ranks third in school history in both career receiving yards (1,653) and touchdowns (20).
Green Bay Packers
New Orleans Saints
Harper joined the af2 following his release from the Packers, and was assigned to the Arkansas Twisters, where he debuted in 2009. On June 4, 2009 he signed a contract with the New Orleans Saints and was placed on the Twisters' "Other League Exempt" list. When he signed with the Saints, Harper was leading the league in multiple categories, including scoring (228 points), total touchdowns (38) and receiving touchdowns (38). He was also tied for the league lead in receptions (107) and ranked second in receiving yards (1,375).
Harper performed well in the Saints' 2009 preseason games, returning two punts for touchdowns, and he made the team's regular season roster. He was not active for any regular season games, however, and on October 16, 2009 the Saints placed him on their injured reserve list with a stress fracture in his left foot, effectively ending his 2009 season.
The Saints released Harper on August 24, 2010.
Harper was signed to the Philadelphia Eagles' practice squad on September 22, 2010. He spent the rest of the season on the practice squad, and was re-signed to a future contract on January 10, 2011. He was waived during final cuts on September 2.
San Jose SaberCats
On November 25, 2013, Harper was assigned to the San Jose SaberCats of the AFL.
Los Angeles KISS
On March 5, 2015, Harper was assigned to the Los Angeles KISS.
Return to Spokane
On March 14, 2015, Harper was traded to the Spokane Shock, in exchange for Ronnell Lewis.
New Orleans VooDoo
On May 6, 2015, Harper was traded to the New Orleans VooDoo for future considerations.
- "Transactions Bulletin #170". af2.com. af2. June 4, 2009. Retrieved June 6, 2009.
- "Packers Sign 11 Non-Drafted Free Agents". Packers.com. Green Bay Packers. May 2, 2008. Retrieved June 6, 2009.[dead link]
- "Teams sign rookie free agents". NFL.com. Retrieved June 6, 2009.
- "Twisters standout WR Rod Harper signed NFL contract with Saints". af2.com. af2. June 5, 2009. Retrieved June 6, 2009.
- Triplett, Mike (2009-10-16). "New Orleans Saints place receiver Rod Harper on injured reserve, re-sign quarterback Chase Daniel". Times-Picayune. Retrieved 2009-10-16.
- Triplett, Mike (2010-08-24). "New Orleans Saints make early roster cuts, release linebacker Troy Evans among others". Times-Picayune. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- RIDERS TRANSACTION- Riders Sign Two Receivers