Roy Devyn Marble
|No. 11 – Orlando Magic|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
September 21, 1992|
|Listed height||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Listed weight||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|NBA draft||2014 / Round: 2 / Pick: 56th overall|
|Selected by the Denver Nuggets|
|2014–2015||→Erie BayHawks (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Roy Devyn Marble (born September 21, 1992) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the University of Iowa.
High school career
Marble attended Southfield-Lathrup High School in Southfield, Michigan. As a junior, he averaged 22 points, nine rebounds, four assists and two steals. As a senior, he averaged 24.5 points, eight rebounds, four assists and 2.5 steals per game.
- 2010 OAA first team
- 2010 Oakland County Dream Team
- 2010 Michigan All-Star
- 2009 Oakland Red first team
- 2009 All-State first team
A two-time team captain of the Iowa Hawkeyes, Marble finished his college career as one of only two Big Ten players since 1985–86 to amass 1,675+ points, 375+ assists, 450+ rebounds and 175+ steals. He also finished his career ranked fifth in Iowa career scoring (1,694) and free throws made (432), sixth in assists (397) and free throws attempted (595), and seventh in steals (176), while his 136 games played tied Melsahn Basabe for second all-time at Iowa.
On June 26, 2014, Marble was selected with the 56th overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft by the Denver Nuggets. He was later traded to the Orlando Magic on draft night. He then joined the Magic for the 2014 NBA Summer League before signing his rookie scale contract with the team on July 24, 2014. During his rookie season, he has been assigned multiple times to the Erie BayHawks of the NBA Development League.
- "Roy Devyn Marble Bio". hawkeyesports.com. Retrieved March 26, 2014.
- Markel Brown Roy Marble Recruiting Profile
- NBA Draft 2014: Denver Nuggets select Roy Devyn Marble on Orlando Magic's behalf
- Magic Trade Afflalo; Acquire Fournier and Marble
- Magic trade Arron Afflalo to Nuggets
- "Orlando Magic Announce Roster for Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. July 1, 2014. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- "Magic Sign Rookie Devyn Marble". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. July 24, 2014. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- 2014-15 NBA Assignments
- "Iowa's Devyn Marble joins father Roy in scoring 1,000th point for Hawkeyes". FoxNews.com. March 9, 2013. Retrieved June 3, 2014.