Schizo (1976 film)
File:"Schizo" U.S.film poster.jpg|
U.S. poster (1977)
|Directed by||Pete Walker|
|Produced by||Pete Walker|
|Written by||David McGillivray|
|Music by||Stanley Myers|
|11 November 1976 (UK)|
When figure skater Samantha Gray (Lynne Frederick) married to England's businessman Alan Falconer (John Leyton), a sinister man from her past; William Haskin (Jack Watson)started stalking her, making Samantha depressed. Then the murder start.
Time Out wrote: "Walker and writer David McGillivray's most ambitious project to date attempts to shake off the low-budget horror/exploitation tag with a move into more up-market psychological suspense. If the formula is threadworn - a trail of victimisation, sexual paranoia, and murder in the wake of the heroine's wedding - at least some effort is made to locate it (rich middle class London). But things collapse disastrously in the second half. Caught between sending itself up and taking itself seriously, the film ends closer to the silliness of Francis Durbridge than to the menace of Alfred Hitchcock."
- Lynne Frederick ... Samantha Gray
- John Leyton ... Alan Falconer
- Stephanie Beacham ... Beth
- John Fraser ... Leonard Hawthorne
- Jack Watson ... William Haskin
- Queenie Watts ... Mrs. Wallace
- Trisha Mortimer ... Joy
- John McEnery ... Stephens (uncredited)
- Paul Alexander ... Peter McAllister
- Robert Mill ... Maitre
- Diana King ... Mrs. Falconer
- Colin Jeavons ... Commissionner
- Victor Winding ... Sergent
- Raymond Bowers ... Manager
- Pearl Hackney ... Lady at Seance
- Terry Duggan ... Editor
- Lindsay Campbell ... Falconer
- Wendy Gilmore ... Samantha's Mother
- Primi Townsend ... Secretary
- Victoria Allum ... Samantha as Child
The film was made in London in 1976.
- Jason Buchanan. "Schizo (1976)". Allmovie. Retrieved 18 June 2012.
- "Schizo". BFI.
- "Fantastic Movie Musings & Ramblings - SCHIZO (1976)". Scifilm.org. 2012-11-20. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- "Schizo | review, synopsis, book tickets, showtimes, movie release date | Time Out London". Timeout.com. Retrieved 2014-03-04.