Open Access Articles- Top Results for Schwannoma
Journal of Gastrointestinal & Digestive SystemA Cystic Mass in the Head of the Pancreas Case Report of Schwannoma
Journal of Clinical & Experimental PathologyRight Upper Eyelid Schwannoma in a Child: A Case Report
Journal of Clinical & Experimental OphthalmologyIntraocular Schwannoma in an Eviscerated Eyeball
Journal of Cytology & HistologyGastric Schwannoma, an Unusual Synchronous Tumor with Renal Cell Carcinoma
|File:Schwannoma - Antoni A and B - very high mag.jpg|
|Classification and external resources|
A schwannoma (also known as an "neurilemoma,":621 "neuroma," "neurolemoma," and "Schwann cell tumor") is a benign nerve sheath tumor composed of Schwann cells, which normally produce the insulating myelin sheath covering peripheral nerves.
Schwannomas are homogeneous tumors, consisting only of Schwann cells. The tumor cells always stay on the outside of the nerve, but the tumor itself may either push the nerve aside and/or up against a bony structure (thereby possibly causing damage). Schwannomas are relatively slow growing. For reasons not yet understood, schwannomas are mostly benign and less than 1% become malignant, degenerating into a form of cancer known as neurofibrosarcoma.
Schwannomas can be removed surgically. Recurrences after total removal are rare.
- Intranodal palisaded myofibroblastoma
- List of inclusion bodies that aid in diagnosis of cutaneous conditions
- Schwannoma - Antoni A and B - intermed mag.jpg
- Peripheral schwannoma Antoni type A (2).JPG
- Subcutaneous schwannoma (1) Antoni B.jpg
- Subcutaneous schwannoma (2) Antoni B.jpg
- Subcutaneous schwannoma (3) Antoni B.jpg
- Subcutaneous schwannoma (4) S-100 immunostain.jpg
- James, William; Berger, Timothy; Elston, Dirk (2005). Andrews' Diseases of the Skin: Clinical Dermatology. (10th ed.). Saunders. ISBN 0-7216-2921-0.
- Rapini, Ronald P.; Bolognia, Jean L.; Jorizzo, Joseph L. (2007). Dermatology: 2-Volume Set. St. Louis: Mosby. ISBN 1-4160-2999-0.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.