Setoka (せとか Setoka?) is a seedless and highly sweet Japanese citrus fruit that is a hybrid of Murcott and "Kuchinotsu No.37" which is a hybrid of Kiyomi and Encore No.2. It was registered as "Tangor Nōrin No.8" in 1998 and as "Variety registration No.9398" under the Plant Variety Protection and Seed Act in 2001. Its weight is 200-280g and shape is oblate. The rind is thin and easily peelable. Its flavor is pleasant, aromatic, and similar to the Murcott. The fruit ripens in February. Setoka are very sweet. Sugar level is 12-13°Bx and citric acid is low (0.8-1.0%).
- "せとか" [Setoka] (in Japanese). National Institute of Fruit Tree Science, National Agriculture and Food Research Organization.
- Encore and Pixie in California Agriculture (PDF). University of California. February 1966.
- Matsumoto, Ryōji et al. (2003). "New Citrus Cultivar "Setoka"" (PDF). Bulletin of Fruit Tree Science (in Japanese) (National Institute of Fruit Tree Science Japan) (2:25-31).
- Tangor agricultural and forestry No.8 (タンゴール農林8号?)
- "Plant Variety Protection and Seed Act". Ministry of Justice, Japan.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.