Shirley Jean Rickert
|Shirley Jean Rickert|
March 25, 1926|
February 6, 2009 (aged 82)|
Saratoga Springs, New York
Cause of death
Rickert's most notable appearances were in the films Love Business and Bargain Day, in which her spit-curls were the centerpiece of her precocious performance. After Rickert left the Our Gang series, she had a brief movie career, followed by a string of jobs including driving trucks for the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II. She later worked in burlesque as an exotic dancer.
In the mid-1970s, she became a traveling saleswoman for industrial hardware. Late in life, she performed in local theater productions, helped maintain a Web site for her fans and occasionally appeared at film festivals and conventions. She also sold her crafts at a local shop with her daughter's family.
Rickert died in a nursing home on February 6, 2009 after a long illness.
- Shirley Jean Rickert at the Internet Movie Database
- Shirley Jean Rickert at AllMovie
- Shirley Jean Rickert at Find a Grave
- Shirley Jean Rickert's home page
- Shirley Jean Rickert's New York Times obituary
- Rickerts with childhood photo of herself in Little Rascals
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.