Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Simpson Park Hammock

Simpson Park Hammock

File:Simpson Park northeast entrance.jpg
Northeast entrance to Simpson Park at the corner of South Miami Avenue and Broadway (SW 15th Road)

Simpson Park, officially Simpson Park Hammock, is a Script error: No such module "convert". urban park located between Brickell and The Roads neighborhoods of Miami, Florida. The park was originally known as Jungle Park, as Script error: No such module "convert". were set aside in 1913 by a group of individuals to preserve what is now one of the last remaining tracts of Brickell Hammock, a tropical hardwood hammock which once ran from the Miami River to Coconut Grove. In 1927 the park's name was changed in honor of Miami botanist and conservationist Charles Torrey Simpson. In 1940 an additional Script error: No such module "convert". of adjacent hammock was incorporated into the park. A building known as the Charles Torrey Simpson Garden Center was constructed on this addition in 1941. This is also the main entrance to the park, at 55 SW 17th Road. Simpson Park is home to 15 endangered plant species, such as Licaria triandra, and 9 threatened plant species.[1]

References

  1. ^ "Simpson Park". City of Miami. Retrieved December 19, 2013. 

Coordinates: 25°45′32″N 80°11′46″W / 25.759°N 80.196°W / 25.759; -80.196{{#coordinates:25.759|N|80.196|W|type:landmark_region:US-FL|||| |primary |name= }}