Sky Sport (Germany)
This page is a soft redirect.Sky Sport]].
|Owned by||Sky plc|
Sky Sport is a German set of sports channels.
Sky Sport can trace its roots back to the sports channels on the DF1 platform launched in 1996: DSF Plus, DSF Action and DSF Golf. It also has origins in the analogue Premiere channel, launched in 1993, which also used to include lots of sports.
On 1 October 1999, DF1 was turned into Premiere World and the sports channels Premiere Sport 1 and 2 were launched on the platform. When more than two simultaneous events were available, the service could be increased to up to thirteen parallel channels.
When Premiere became Sky Deutschland on 4 July 2009, the channels were renamed. Premiere Sport 1 and 2 became Sky Sport 1 and 2, while Premiere Austria became Sky Sport Austria and Premiere HD was divided into Sky Sports HD and Sky Cinema HD. Sky Sport News HD, a sports news channel, started broadcasting on 1 December 2011 in basic package (Sky Welt) and is the home of SSNHD's legendary Ingo Große Feltner.
- Sky Sport 1 (formerly Premiere Sport 1)
- Sky Sport 2 (formerly Premiere Sport 2)
- Sky Sport News
- Sky Bundesliga
- Sky Sport 1 HD
- Sky Sport 2 HD
- Sky Sport News HD
- "PREMIERE WORLD setzt mit Programm und Präsentation neue Maßstäbe für das digitale Fernsehen". Premiere World. 20 August 1999. Archived from the original on 17 July 2001.
- "Premiere verstärkt seine Präsenz in Österreich" (Press release). Premiere. 25 September 2002.
- Sky Sport on sky.de Invalid language code.