St. Catharines Standard
|Headquarters||17 Queen Street, St. Catharines, Ontario, L2R 5G5|
19,733 Saturdays in 2011
The St. Catharines Standard was started in 1891, by W. B. Burgoyne. The Standard, located in St. Catharines, Ontario, is the largest daily newspaper in Niagara. It has published continuously since 1891.
Its focus is local news, and it includes national and international news, sports, entertainment and lifestyle reporting. The newspaper is a consistent winner of Ontario Newspaper Awards, along with other newspaper industry awards.
It was later purchased by Southam Newspapers and then Canwest Global Communications. Osprey Media took over as publisher for a number of years until June 1, 2007, when it was announced Quebecor would acquire the company and its newspapers for $355.5 million. In 2015, Quebecor's English language newspapers were sold to Postmedia.
- Paid circulation cited in "Daily Newspaper Circulation Statement for the 12 Month Period Ended December 2011". Toronto: Canadian Circulations Audit Board. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.