Stranger in Town (album)
|Stranger in Town|
|File:Bob Seger - Stranger in Town.jpg|
|Studio album by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band|
|Released||May 5, 1978|
|Recorded||Criteria Sound Studios, Miami, Florida; Muscle Shoals Sound Studios, Sheffield, Alabama; Cherokee Studios, Capitol Records Studios, Sound Suite Studios, Detroit, Michigan, 1976-78|
|Genre||Hard rock, rock and roll|
|Producer||Bob Seger, Punch Andrews, Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section|
|Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band chronology|
This page is a soft redirect.}
|Singles from Stranger in Town|
| scope="col" colspan="2" style="font-size:120%;" #REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other|
This page is a soft redirect. Professional ratings
| scope="col" colspan="2" style="background:#d1dbdf; font-size:120%;" #REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other|
This page is a soft redirect. Review scores
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
Stranger in Town is the tenth studio album by American rock singer Bob Seger and his second with the Silver Bullet Band, released by Capitol Records in May 1978 (see 1978 in music). Like its predecessor, the Silver Bullet Band backed Seger on about half of the songs and the Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section backed Seger on the other half.
The album became an instant success in the United States, being certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America less than a month after the album's release, and, like its predecessor Night Moves, it would later go six times platinum. It was also his first album to chart in the UK, where limited editions were released on silver vinyl and in picture disc format as well as standard black vinyl.
Track listingAll songs written and composed by Bob Seger, except where noted.
|2.||"Still the Same"||3:18|
|3.||"Old Time Rock and Roll" (George Jackson, Thomas Jones, Bob Seger (uncredited))||3:14|
|4.||"Till It Shines"||3:50|
|5.||"Feel Like a Number"||3:42|
|1.||"Ain't Got No Money" (Frankie Miller)||4:11|
|2.||"We've Got Tonite"||4:38|
|4.||"The Famous Final Scene"||5:09|
The Silver Bullet Band plays on side one tracks 1, 2, & 5 and on side two track 3
The Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section plays on side one tracks 3 & 4 and on side two tracks 1, 2, & 4
- The Silver Bullet Band
- Bob Seger - guitar, vocals
- Drew Abbott - guitar
- Robyn Robbins - keyboard
- Alto Reed - alto saxophone
- Chris Campbell - bass
- David Teegarden - percussion, drums
- The Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section
- Barry Beckett - keyboard
- Pete Carr - guitar
- Jimmy Johnson - guitar
- David Hood - bass
- Roger Hawkins - percussion, drums
- Additional Musicians
- Glenn Frey - guitar solo on "Till It Shines"
- Don Felder - guitar solo on "Ain't Got No Money"
- Bill Payne - organ, synthesizer, piano, keyboards on "Hollywood Nights"
- Doug Riley - piano, keyboard on "Feel Like a Number" and "Brave Strangers"
- Background Singers
- "We've Got Tonight" and "Still the Same"
- Venetta Fields - vocals, background vocals
- Clydie King - vocals, background vocals
- Sherlie Matthews - vocals, background vocals
- "Hollywood Nights"
- Julia Waters - background vocals
- Luther Waters - vocals, background vocals
- Maxine Waters - background vocals
- Oren Waters - vocals, background vocals
- "Still the Same" and "Brave Strangers"
- Brandye - vocals, background vocals
- "Old Time Rock"
- James Lavell Easley - background vocals
- Stanley Carter - background vocals
- George Jackson - vocals, background vocals
- Jim Ed Norman - strings arranged and conducted by
- Producers: Punch Andrews, Bob Seger
- Engineers: John Arrias, Mark Calice, David Cole, Hugh Davies, Gregg Hamm, Steve Melton, George Tutko
- Mixing: Punch Andrews, John Arrias, Bob Seger
- Mastering: Wally Traugott
- Remastering: Robert Vosgien
- String arrangements: Jim Ed Norman
- Art direction: Roy Kohara
- Design: Ken Anderson
- Photography: Terrence Bert, Bob Siedemann
|French Top Albums||14|
|German Albums Chart||28|
|Swedish Top 60 Albums||45|
|UK Albums Chart||31|
|US Billboard 200||4|
|New Zealand Top 40 Albums||4|
|1978||"Still The Same"||Billboard Hot 100||4|
|1978||"Hollywood Nights"||Billboard Hot 100||12|
|1978||"We've Got Tonite"||Billboard Hot 100||13|
|1979||"Old Time Rock and Roll"||Billboard Hot 100||28|
- Christgau, Robert. "Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band: Consumer Guide Reviews" (PHP). robertchristgau.com. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- "Gold & Platinum Searchable Database" (PHP). Recording Industry Association of America.
- "Le Détail des Albums de chaque Artiste (S)" (PHP). InfoDisc (in French). Search for "Bob SEGER & The SILVER BULLET Band" on the drop-down menu to see results.
- "Album – Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band, Stranger in Town" (ASP). Media Control Charts (in German). Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- "Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band – Stranger in Town (Album)" (ASP). Swedish Charts. Hung Medien. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- "Chart Archive: Top 40 Official UK Albums Archive – 3rd June 1978". The Official Charts Company. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- [[[:Template:Allmusic]] "Bob Seger: Charts & Awards – Billboard Albums"]. Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- "Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band – Stranger in Town (Album)" (ASP). New Zealand Charts. Hung Medien. Retrieved July 5, 2011.