The String Quintet No. 1 in A major, Op. 18, was composed by Felix Mendelssohn in 1826 and revised in 1832. The piece is scored for two violins, two violas and cello.
Like all of Mendelssohn's string quartets, this work has four movements:
- Allegro con moto
- Intermezzo: Andante sostenuto
- Scherzo: Allegro di molto
- Allegro vivace
A typical performance lasts just under 30 minutes.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.
- String Quartet No. 1 in E-flat major, Op. 12
- String Quartet No. 2 in A minor, Op. 13
- String Quartet No. 3 in D major, Op. 44, No. 1
- String Quartet No. 4 in E minor, Op. 44, No. 2
- String Quartet No. 5 in E-flat major, Op. 44, No. 3
- String Quartet No. 6 in F minor, Op. 80
- Four Pieces for String Quartet, Op. 81
- 12 Fugues for String Quartet (1821)
- String Quartet in E-flat major (1823)
quartets and sextets
|Works for clarinet|