Suffragan Bishop in Europe
The Suffragan Bishop in Europe is an episcopal title used by a suffragan bishop of the Church of England Diocese in Europe (in the Province of Canterbury.) The suffragan bishop assists the diocesan Bishop in Europe in overseeing the largest geographical diocese of the Church of England.
List of bishops
|Suffragan Bishops in Europe|
|1980||1986||Ambrose Weekes||(1919–2012) Weekes was previously vicar-general and Assistant Bishop in the old Gibraltar diocese, succeeding Harold Isherwood in both roles.|
|1986||1995||Edward Holland||(b. 1936). Translated to Colchester.|
|1995||2002||Henry Scriven||(b. 1951)|
|2002||present||David Hamid||(b. 1955).|
- Crockford's Clerical Directory (100th ed.). London: Church House Publishing. 2007. p. 946. ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0.
- Diocese in Europe website. Retrieved on 4 June 2008.
- "Daily Telegraph Announcements - The Right Reverend Ambrose Weekes". Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- Weekes, Rt Rev. Ambrose Walter Marcus. Who Was Who. 1920–2014 (April 2014 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Diocese in Europe: The Rt Revd David Hamid. Retrieved on 4 June 2008.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.