File:Susan Haskell wearing David Dixon - Heart and Stroke Foundation - The Heart Truth celebrity fashion show - Red Dress - Red Gown - Thursday February 8, 2012 - Creative Commons.jpg|
Haskell in March 2012
June 10, 1968|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Partner(s)||Thorsten Kaye (longtime companion); 2 children|
Susan Haskell (born June 10, 1968) is a Canadian actress. She portrayed the role of Dr. Margaret "Marty" Saybrooke Thornhart, bad-girl-turned-good-turned-bad-again, on the ABC soap opera One Life to Live.
She graduated from The American Academy of Arts in 1991.
Haskell also appeared on Port Charles in 2001 as Granya Thornhart, opposite her former One Life to Live love interest (and longtime companion), Thorsten Kaye, with whom she shares two daughters McKenna (born February 2003) and Marlowe Marann (born January 28, 2007).
Haskell portrayed this role from December 1991 until August 1997, with two brief visits in January 2004 and January 2005. She returned again for an extended stay in mid-2008, first appearing onscreen on June 11, 2008. Haskell won two Daytime Emmy Awards, in 1994 for Outstanding Supporting Actress for the role in 1994, and in 2009 for Outstanding Lead Actress. At the time of Haskell's 2008 return, Marty was called "one of those tentpole characters that everyone who has watched One Life to Live at some point remembers." It was noted that the 1993 story of the character's gang rape led by Todd Manning "is one of the show's most remembered and impactful."
When Haskell was expecting her second child with Kaye, the role of Marty was recast in November 2006 with Christina Chambers. Chambers exited the show in November 2007, a year after her debut, and Haskell returned in mid-2008. At the end of March 2011, Susan Haskell was fired from One Life to Live, according to Soap Opera Digest. Her final appearance was on June 6, 2011.
- One Life to Live as Dr. Margaret "Marty" Saybrooke (1992–1997, 2004, 2005, 2008–2011)
- Port Charles as Granya Thornhart (2001)
- JAG as Lt. Cmdr. Jordan Parker (1998–2001) (recurring)
- The Good Shepherd (2006)
- Crossing Jordan as Jane Newman (2004)
- One Life to Live recap (6/11/08) – Soaps.com
- Murray, Jesse (June 10, 2008). "Marty Saybrooke 101". SOAPnet.com. Retrieved June 26, 2009.
- "Comings and Goings: Susan Haskell (Marty Saybrooke)". Soap Opera Digest 33 (24). June 10, 2008. p. 15.
- Kroll, Dan J. (September 23, 2007). "Christina Chambers out. Will Marty be recast?". SoapCentral.com. Retrieved January 6, 2009.
- "Daytime Emmy Winners & Nominees: 1994". SoapOperaDigest.com. Retrieved May 18, 2009.
- Branco, Nelson (May 14, 2009). "The Suds Report: May 14, 2009". TVGuide.sympatico.msn.ca. Retrieved May 18, 2009.[dead link]
- Official website
- Israel, Betsy (January 16, 1995). "Suds Appeal". People. Retrieved February 21, 2009.
- Susan Haskell at the Internet Movie Database
- Susan Haskell profile – SoapCentral.com
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).