28 January 1918|
15 June 2005 (aged 87)|
Suzanne Flon (28 January 1918 – 15 June 2005) was a French film actress.
Her father was a railway worker and her mother crafted jewelry.
Flon's stage credits included plays by Jean Anouilh (L'Alouette, Antigone, Roméo et Jeannette), André Roussin (La Petite Hutte), and Loleh Bellon (La Chambre d'amis, Les Dames du jeudi, Changement à vue, and Une Absence). Her English-language theatrical roles included Katherine (The Taming of the Shrew) and Rosalind (As You Like It).
Flon appeared in both French and English-language films, including:
Awards and nominations
|1987||Molière Awards||Best Actress||Léopold le bien-aimé||Won|
|1995||Molière Awards||Best Actress||La Chambre d'amis||Won|
|1989||Molière Awards||Best Actress||Une absence||Nominated|
|1992||Molière Awards||Best Actress||L'Antichambre||Nominated|
|2000||Molière Awards||Best Actress||L'Amante anglaise||Nominated|
|1984||César Award||Best Supporting Actress||L'Été meurtrier||Won|
|1990||César Award||Best Supporting Actress||La Vouivre||Won|
Writer-director John Huston described Flon as "the most extraordinary woman I have ever known."
- Kirkup, James (3 September 2005). "Suzanne Flon". The Independent. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- French, Philip (25 February 2007). "Orchestra Seats". The Observer. Retrieved 2008-05-11.
- Venice Film Festival website, http://www.labiennale.org/en/cinema/history/volpi.html
- Playboy, "Playboy Interview", September 1985
- Suzanne Flon at the Internet Movie Database
- Suzanne Flon at AllMovie
- Suzanne Flon at Find a Grave
- "Obituary: Suzanne Flon (Article)" at The Independent on 3 September 2005
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.