Syfy (Latin America)
- See Syfy Universal for a list of other Syfy/Sci Fi channels.
2007 (as Sci Fi Channel)|
October 10, 2010 (as Syfy)
Universal Networks International (NBCUniversal/Comcast) |
(operated by Fox International Channels and distributed by HBO Latin America Group)
Brazil: Universal Networks International (50%), Globosat (Grupo Globo, 50%)
(distributed by Globosat)
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
Spanish: Imagina Más |
Portuguese: Imagine Mais
("Imagine More", "Imagine Greater")
|Formerly called||Sci Fi Channel|
MSNBC Latin America
CNBC Latin America
|Dish Network Mexico||204|
Syfy is a Latin American channel dedicated to science fiction and fantasy programming, owned by Universal Networks International, a division of NBCUniversal. The local version of the channel, available both in Spanish- and Portuguese-language feeds (for Spanish-speaking countries and for Brazil, respectively), was launched in 2007. Until October 10, 2010, Syfy was known as Sci Fi Channel.
The Brazilian feed of the channel, as well as its sister network, Studio Universal, is operated since mid-July 2012 by the joint venture between Universal Networks International and Organizações Globo-owned Globosat which already operated the Brazilian version of Universal Channel.
- Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files
- Fifth Dimension
- Ghost Hunters
- Ghost Hunters International
- Kyle XY
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Stargate SG-1
- Stargate Universe
- The Invisible Man (2000 TV series)
- Sci Fi Channel será Syfy en América Latina
- "NBCUniversal International and Globosat announce new agreement". todotvnews. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.