T - Related Links
Open Access Articles- Top Results for T
Advances in Crop Science and TechnologyGenetic Variability, Heritability and Genetic Advance for Yield and its Related Traits in Rainfed Lowland Rice (Oryza sativa L.) Genotypes at Fogera
Advances in Crop Science and TechnologyEvaluation of Synergistic Effect Organic and Inorganic Fertilizing System on Grain Yield of Bread Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) at Southern Tigray, N
Advances in Crop Science and TechnologySaving the Farmers and Strengthening Food Security by a Promising R cum F Agriculture
Journal of Powder Metallurgy & MiningLaser Cleaning Treatment and its Influence on the Surface Microstructure of CFRP Composite Material
Journal of Powder Metallurgy & MiningTungsten and the Mining Industry
| Greek |
Taw was the last letter of the Western Semitic and Hebrew alphabets. The sound value of Semitic Taw, Greek alphabet Tαυ (Tau), Old Italic and Latin T has remained fairly constant, representing [t] in each of these; and it has also kept its original basic shape in all of these alphabets.
In English, ⟨t⟩ often denotes the voiceless alveolar plosive (International Phonetic Alphabet and X-SAMPA: /t/), as in "tart", "tee", or "ties", often with aspiration at the beginnings of words or before stressed vowels.
The digraph ⟨ti⟩ often takes /ʃ/ (a voiceless palato-alveolar sibilant) word-medially when followed by a vowel, as in nation, ratio, negotiation, and Croatia.
⟨t⟩ tends to indicate the affricate /t͡ʃ/ if it precedes ⟨ur⟩ plus a vowel, as in future.
In the International Phonetic Alphabet [t] denotes the voiceless alveolar plosive. In the orthographies of other languages, ⟨t⟩ is often used for /t/, the voiceless dental plosive /t̪/ or similar sounds.
Related letters and other similar characters
- 1 Also for encodings based on ASCII, including the DOS, Windows, ISO-8859 and Macintosh families of encodings.
- "T", Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd edition (1989); Merriam-Webster's Third New International Dictionary of the English Language, Unabridged (1993); "tee", op. cit.
- Lewand, Robert. "Relative Frequencies of Letters in General English Plain text". Cryptographical Mathematics. Central College. Retrieved 2008-06-25.
- 16x16px Media related to T at Wikimedia Commons
- 16x16px The dictionary definition of T at Wiktionary
- 16x16px The dictionary definition of t at Wiktionary