Tropomodulin 2 (neuronal) also known as TMOD2 is a protein which in humans is encoded by the TMOD2 gene.
This gene encodes a neuronal-specific member of the tropomodulin family of actin-regulatory proteins. The encoded protein caps the pointed end of actin filaments preventing both elongation and depolymerization. The capping activity of this protein is dependent on its association with tropomyosin. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been described.
- Strausberg RL, Feingold EA, Grouse LH et al. (2002). "Generation and initial analysis of more than 15,000 full-length human and mouse cDNA sequences.". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99 (26): 16899–903. PMC 139241. PMID 12477932. doi:10.1073/pnas.242603899.
- Pawlak G, McGarvey TW, Nguyen TB et al. (2004). "Alterations in tropomyosin isoform expression in human transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder.". Int. J. Cancer 110 (3): 368–73. PMID 15095301. doi:10.1002/ijc.20151.
- Kimura K, Wakamatsu A, Suzuki Y et al. (2006). "Diversification of transcriptional modulation: large-scale identification and characterization of putative alternative promoters of human genes.". Genome Res. 16 (1): 55–65. PMC 1356129. PMID 16344560. doi:10.1101/gr.4039406.
- Watakabe A, Kobayashi R, Helfman DM (1996). "N-tropomodulin: a novel isoform of tropomodulin identified as the major binding protein to brain tropomyosin.". J. Cell. Sci. 109 (9): 2299–310. PMID 8886980.
- Gerhard DS, Wagner L, Feingold EA et al. (2004). "The status, quality, and expansion of the NIH full-length cDNA project: the Mammalian Gene Collection (MGC).". Genome Res. 14 (10B): 2121–7. PMC 528928. PMID 15489334. doi:10.1101/gr.2596504.
- Ota T, Suzuki Y, Nishikawa T et al. (2004). "Complete sequencing and characterization of 21,243 full-length human cDNAs.". Nat. Genet. 36 (1): 40–5. PMID 14702039. doi:10.1038/ng1285.
This article incorporates text from the United States National Library of Medicine, which is in the public domain.Template:Gene-15-stub