TP-003 is an anxiolytic drug with a novel chemical structure, which is used in scientific research. It has similar effects to benzodiazepine drugs, but is structurally distinct and so is classed as a nonbenzodiazepine anxiolytic. It is a subtype-selective partial agonist at GABAA receptors, binding to GABAA receptor complexes bearing either α2, α3 or α5 subunits, but only showing significant efficacy at α3. It has modest anticonvulsant activity although less than that of diazepam, and its main effect is likely to be selective anxiolytic action, as seen with other related α3-preferring agonists such as L-838,417.
- ^ Fradley RL, Guscott MR, Bull S, Hallett DJ, Goodacre SC, Wafford KA, Garrett EM, Newman RJ, O'Meara GF, Whiting PJ, Rosahl TW, Dawson GR, Reynolds DS, Atack JR. Differential contribution of GABA(A) receptor subtypes to the anticonvulsant efficacy of benzodiazepine site ligands. Journal of Psychopharmacology. 2007 Jun;21(4):384-91. PMID 17092983
- Avermectins (e.g., ivermectin)
- Bromide compounds (e.g., lithium bromide, potassium bromide, sodium bromide)
- Dihydroergolines (e.g., dihydroergocryptine, dihydroergosine, dihydroergotamine, ergoloid (dihydroergotoxine))
- Fenamates (e.g., flufenamic acid, mefenamic acid, niflumic acid, tolfenamic acid)
- Hopantenic acid
- Lignans (e.g., 4-O-methylhonokiol, honokiol, magnolol, obovatol)
- Menthyl isovalerate (validolum)
- Nicotinamide (niacinamide)
- Org 25,435
- Retigabine (ezogabine)
- Sulfonylalkanes (e.g., sulfonmethane (sulfonal), tetronal, trional)
- Terpenoids (e.g., borneol)
- Valerian constituents (e.g., isovaleric acid, valerenic acid, valerenol)
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.