Tamil New Zealanders are New Zealand citizens and residents of Tamil ethnicity or ancestry. An estimated number of 3000 Tamils currently reside in the country. The 2013 New Zealand census found 732 people usually resident who identified as Sri Lankan Tamil, and 303 as Indian Tamil.
Notable Tamil personalities
- Mayu Pasupati, Jaffna-born New Zealand cricketer
- Brannavan Gnanalingam - Novelist and film critic
- Ahi Karunaharan - Actor, Writer, Director, Musician and Producer
- Kumar Velambalam - President of the New Zealand Sri Lanka Foundation
- Vanushi Walters - Human rights activist and lawyer