|This article does not cite any references or sources. (October 2013)|
|Owner(s)||John Menard, Jr.|
|Race drivers||Robby Gordon, P.J. Jones|
|Sponsors||Turtle Wax, Menard's|
Team Menard was an auto racing team in the NASCAR Winston Cup Series, Indianapolis 500 and Indy Racing League owned by John Menard, Jr. From 1991 to 1996 they modified their own Buick V6 engines for racing. This combination won pole for the 500 with Scott Brayton in 1995 and 1996; Tony Stewart used this combination for the first part of his 1996-1997 IRL Championship. With more stringent regulations, the team continued to shine winning the 1999 Championship with Greg Ray. However, with the influx of former CART teams to the IRL in the early 2000s, Team Menard struggled to compete for wins and the team merged in 2004 with Panther Racing, although their car continued to carry Menard's colors and be driven first by Mark Taylor, who was then replaced by Townsend Bell. In 2005, Menard's was an associate sponsor for another team and the former Menard #2 car driven by Tomáš Enge carried no identification to its Menard lineage. For 2006, the #2 car was dropped by Panther and all vestiges of the once dominant Team Menard lineage disappeared until the spring of 2008 when Menards became a primary sponsor on the #20 Vision Racing Dallara driven by Ed Carpenter in the IndyCar Series.
The Menards sponsored cars in of Paul Menard and Matt Crafton (NASCAR) as well as Frank Kimmel (ARCA) currently use the "Team Menard" name in some sponsorship-related materials and TeamMenard.com is a portal to information on these drivers and their sponsor, however, Team Menard is not the name of any of their race teams and none of those cars are owned by John Menard.
Menard also had a NASCAR team running the #13 car. Robby Gordon ran a majority of the races in 2000.
Drivers who have driven for Team Menard
- 23x15px Townsend Bell (2004)
- 23x15px Gary Bettenhausen (1990–1993)
- 23x15px Raul Boesel (2002)
- 23x15px Geoff Brabham (1993–1994)
- 23x15px Scott Brayton (1994–1996)
- 23x15px Robbie Buhl (1997–1998)
- 23x15px Eddie Cheever (1993, 1994, 1996)
- 23x15px Kevin Cogan (1991)
- 23x15px Jim Crawford (1990)
- 23x15px Wally Dallenbach, Jr. (1987)
- 23x15px Mark Dismore (1996–1997)
- 23x15px Robby Gordon (1999–2000, 2002)
- 23x15px Richie Hearn (2003)
- 23x15px Herm Johnson (1980–1982, 1984)
- 23x15px Steve Kinser (1997)
- 23x15px Buddy Lazier (1995)
- 23x15px Jaques Lazier (2001–2003)
- 23x15px Arie Luyendyk (1995)
- 23x15px Vitor Meira (2002–2003)
- 23x15px Danny Ongais (1996)
- 23x15px Nelson Piquet (1993)
- 23x15px Greg Ray (1999–2001)
- 23x15px Tom Sneva (1991–1992)
- 23x15px Tony Stewart (1996–1998)
- 23x15px Mark Taylor (2004)
- 23x15px Al Unser (1992)
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.