The technical regulator of communications in Chile is the Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications, through the Undersecretariat of Telecommunications (Subtel).
- Main lines in use: 3.379 million (2007)
- Mobile cellular: 24.130.754 (2012) (devices)
- Pre-paid: 17.283.257
- Post-paid: 6.847.497 
- System: privatization began in 1988; advanced telecommunications infrastructure; modern system based on extensive microwave radio relay facilities; fixed-line connections have dropped in recent years as mobile-cellular usage continues to increase, reaching a level of 85 telephones per 100 persons
- Domestic: extensive microwave radio relay links; domestic satellite system with 3 earth stations
- international: country code - 56; submarine cables provide links to the US and to Central and South America; satellite earth stations - 2 Intelsat (Atlantic Ocean) (2007)
- Broadcast stations: 1,490 (175 AM; 1,315 FM) (2006)
Other technical details
Lua error in Module:Navbar at line 23: Invalid title Template:If empty.