Telecommunications in Kuwait
Telecommunications in Kuwait provides information about the telephone, Internet, radio, and television infrastructure in Kuwait.
Telephones - main lines in use: 514,700 (2011), 510,300 (2005)
Telephones - mobile cellular: 4.9 million (2011), 2.7 million (2007)
- general assessment: the quality of service is excellent
- domestic: new telephone exchanges provide a large capacity for new subscribers; trunk traffic is carried by microwave radio relay, coaxial cable, open-wire and fiber-optic cable; a cellular telephone system operates throughout Kuwait, and the country is well supplied with pay telephones.
- international: linked to international submarine cable Fiber-Optic Link Around the Globe (FLAG); linked to Bahrain, Qatar, UAE via the Fiber-Optic Gulf (FOG) cable; coaxial cable and microwave radio relay to Saudi Arabia; satellite earth stations - 6 (3 Intelsat - 1 Atlantic Ocean and 2 Indian Ocean, 1 Inmarsat - Atlantic Ocean, and 2 Arabsat)
- country code: 965
Radio broadcast stations: AM 6, FM 11, shortwave 1 (1998)
Radios: 1.175 million (1997)
Television broadcast stations: 13 (plus several satellite channels) (1997)
Televisions: 875,000 (1997)
Internet Service Providers (ISPs): 5 (2011) Which are: Fasttelco, Gulfnet, KEMS, Mada, and Qualitynet
Internet users: 1,925,956 or 74.2% of the population (2011), 700,000 (2005)
- "Kuwait", World Factbook, U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, retrieved 16 February 2013
- Percentage of Individuals using the Internet 2000-2011, International Telecommunication Union, accessed on 19 August 2012.
- Nokia to upgrade Kuwaiti network, BBC News, 29 May 2005
Lua error in Module:Navbar at line 23: Invalid title Template:If empty.